Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government.
household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball’s largest business is the manufacture of recyclable beverage cans and ends. A lot of engineering and technology goes into making beverage packaging at speeds of more than 2,000 cans a minute. We operate beverage can facilities in the America, Europe and Asia – about one in every four beverage cans in the world is made by Ball – and our products are used by the most recognizable beverage brands in the world.
Ball is a Lean / Six Sigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
We are currently looking for self-driven, experienced and highly motivated person for the position of:
Senior Consolidation Accountant
Purpose of the job:
Responsible for daily and month-end accounting for certain corporate entities, as well as close activities resulting in consolidated financial statements. Prepares and analyzes internal management reporting and is responsible for various ad-hoc projects. Work requires problem solving and critical thinking skills. The position may assign and review the work of others, but does not have full supervisory duties. The job requires collaboration with other departments within the organization.
Reporting to: Manager, Corporate Consolidations and Reporting
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Responsible for the completion of key functions as part of the month end closing process, including the preparation and input of journal entries. Records transactions for the corporate division including various intercompany transactions.
- Serves as primary coordinator for statutory reporting requests and US census survey reporting and analysis.
- Analyzes and completes entries for investments in subsidiary reporting/joint venture accounting.
- Responsible for foreign currency accounting including: monthly revaluations, functional currency restatements, and foreign currency rate maintenances. Maintains set-up for new foreign operation entities in the corporate ledger.
- Reviews and analyzes results reported by other divisions at the consolidated level; reviews divisional fluctuation comments to ensure compliance with SOX and the global close process. Responsible for data loads into the consolidation system (Hyperion Financial Management “HFM”) and verification of results for the corporate division.
- Maintains mapping the corporate division chart of accounts into the HFM chart of accounts in conformance with chart of accounts definitions.
- Reviews intercompany reconciliation and contacts individual trading partners to provide guidance in resolving intercompany out-of-balances.
- Analyzes and explains balance sheet fluctuations for the corporate division.
- Prepares and reviews census surveys; prepares account reconciliations.
- Provides supporting schedules for quarterly and annual footnote disclosures.
- Understands and executes against key SOX control activities over the financial close process.
- Develops and maintains various financial reports using JDE, HFM, and Smartview Excel files.
- Researches accounting entries and analyzes processes to identify and recommend appropriate procedures and controls to ensure that transactions are properly recorded.
- Assists, as required, the company’s independent accountants in completing requested schedules or analysis necessary for the completion of the audit of the company’s financial statements.
- Designs and facilitates training sessions as needed for the corporate group and as requested by others.
Professional & Education Qualifications:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through graduate degree level education in accounting or work related experience
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: CPA or local equivalent
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum in public big four accounting or 3 years as a CPA or local equivalent
Skills and competencies:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the following areas
- Accounting for foreign currency
- Intercompany transactions
- Generally accepted accounting principles as related to the essential functions of this position
- Integrated financial and ERP systems
- General management techniques and principles
- Meets tight deadlines consistently and reliably, and is responsible for communicating any deadlines that may be missed to immediate supervisor in a timely manner
- Fluent written and oral English
If you are interested in the above position and your profile fits with the
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 20.03.2019.
Ball Global Business Services EMEA d.o.o.
- SRBIJA, Beograd, Milutina Milankovića 9e
- PIB: 110102813
- Matični broj: 21297992