About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts, and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier, and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
We are looking for a passionate professional who can blend the fast-changing technology landscape of Cloud-based Big Data & Advanced Analytics with the complex and high-impact space of IoT Analytics. The Data Engineer II is responsible for partnering with business unit leaders within NCR to analyze, design, and deliver data products that enable NCR’s business. You will evaluate business questions, find the right data sets, ensure the cleanliness of the data, and build scalable and clean solutions that can be deployed in a production environment. Along the way, you’ll partner with our Azure Infrastructure, Visualization, Advanced Analytics, and Engineering teams to consistently deliver quality data products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with medium to large scale data structures/data lakes
- Ability to work with server/serverless database technologies (Azure Data explorer, Azure SQL and Kusto queries)
- Design, Development and configuring datasets in Azure Data Explorer is a plus
- Experience with both Streaming and Batch Data Ingestion (Lambda)
- Must give a good understanding of the Azure network, storage and various SaaS services
- Must have DevOps experience having experience with tools like PagerDuty is a plus.
- Must have experience on Streaming technologies (Kafka, Spark structured streaming, Databricks)
- Must have experience with ETL technologies like Azure Data Factory.
- Must have minimum of 5 years of overall technology experience with at least 2 years of Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, and Azure HDInsights) experience.
- Must have experience with Big Data toolsets: Hadoop echo system, Spark, Databricks and Azure based services
- Experience working with data preparation and data quality
- A good understanding of data governance and Data quality is a plus.
- Embraces agile development principles (SAFe)
- Ability to coordinate across multiple teams to solve complex problems
- Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.