Do you have solid development experience and great communication skills? Are you a team player with a ‘can do’ mentality? Are you passionate about building & running high-quality next-gen FinTech products? All of the above? Sounds like a match!
What is it like to work in Simpled Card’s development team?
We’re a small cross-functional team. We cooperate with business, and what we build arrives in the customer’s hand within weeks. We work independently, with tech-savvy management and CEO. Our team is trusted to create a usable, valuable product, so we make sure to use our resources wisely. The company is dedicated to aligning us with product vision, value proposition and architectural principles. We benefit from being able to know what is happening in the company, understanding the strategic context. We aim to be solution-oriented and pragmatic. We work effectively, with great engineering culture and a problem-solving focus.
Our work principle is cooperation over individualism. We value ideas, irrespective of who said them, so everything can be discussed, and everything can be challenged. Our motto is to keep an open mind, speak up if something is not going well, and keep on learning.
At SimpledCard we care for each other, as individuals and as a team as well. We like to occasionally spend time together after work, having some fun, playing games, or just catch up with stories. Work-life balance is something that is taken seriously in our team because valuing our personal life creates a strong base to build on.
We are looking for someone for whom software development is a passion, not just a job. You not only write code, but you also craft and run a product. You are open to change and have the ability to learn and cooperate with others. You are pragmatic and proactive, and you do what needs to be done: building and running the system. Last but not least, you understand the importance of automation in testing, tooling, and operations.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Be part of the DevOps team with developing features.
- Maintaining product and managing production system.
- Take the leading role in smaller features, problems.
- Be agile.
What we are looking for:
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or similar experience.
- 3+ years designing/building Java backend applications.
- Strong understanding of RESTful web service design.
- Relational DB (PostgreSQL is plus).
- Write clean and testable code.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Iterative development (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban).
- Strong English skills: speaking + writing.
- Can work independently
- Has a quality mindset
What is an extra:
- Java 11+ experience
- Working with highly-available distributed applications.
- Building API integrations.
- Spring Boot.
- AWS services.
- Build systems, CI, CD.
- Working in a startup environment.
- Financial applications / FinTech industry.
What we offer:
- Product culture and business savvy: we don’t just write code, we build products.
- Great opportunities to learn and grow.
- Competitive salary.
- Great company culture - no office politics.
- No overtime.
- Regular team activities.
- A modern office with a beautiful view, free coffee, tea, etc.
- Remote work possibility. (We are remote while the pandemic continues.)
Are you up for the challenge? We would like to hear from you and perhaps welcome you as our newest team member soon! Apply by sending your resume.
We're not open to candidates from recruitment agencies. Contacting us will not be appreciated.
- Holandija, Inostranstvo, Haarlemmerstraat 124 E-F