The division is seeking a Senior Java Software Developer, who should have a strong background experience in writing backend software. He/she will be part of a software development team and will play a key role in the modernization of an enterprise solution and will assist architect in implementing both technical and functional requirements of the project. Should have strong understanding of software architecture monolithic and microservices oriented.
Should be able to take initiatives and contribute in the product design and architecture.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Possess a university degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a software development role using Java SE/EE
- Experience with Java enterprise technologies such as the Spring Framework (core, MVC, ORM, Springboot), JMS, Hibernate ORM, Servlet Containers (Apache Tomcat)
- Strong understanding of REST and SOAP web services.
- Open minded, ready to learn and help others to learn
Nice to have:
- Experience with XML Stack : WSDL, XSD, JAXB, Custom serialization
- Knowledge of relational databases, especially DB2 is a plus
- Proficient with the use of Linux/Unix
- Knowledge of Docker containers and container orchestration is a plus
- Experience with build automation tools (maven, gradle), source control tools (GIT), and bug tracking software (JIRA)
- Banking Software experience is a big plus