Senior Legal Counsel, Region Northern and Western Europe (NWE)
Reporting directly to the gategroup General Counsel, NWE (GC NWE), the Senior Legal Counsel, Northern and Western Europe provides substantive and strategic legal support across all legal matters and supports all functions of the organization in the NWE Region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for substantive and strategic legal support to Regional Directors and Functional leaders including HR, Commercial and Finance;
- Independently draft, negotiate and manage complex transactions and contracts;
- Support GC NWE and Regional Directors in M&A activities and manage diligence, prepare and negotiate initial deal documents and support integration;
- Supporting e-commerce, retail, commercial technology and non-aviation activities globally including regulatory framework, establishing new businesses, customer and supplier contracting;
- Supporting supply chain and procurement activities and related contracting for the NWE Region and global centralized Procurement;
- Identify risks and propose solutions and guidance to support the reduction of risks and avoidance of disruptions to the business;
- Supports development of policies and procedures that drive corporate governance;
- Prepares and provides governance and compliancy trainings;
- Manages disputes, dispute resolutions and litigations and/or investigations;
- Supports HR in significant employment claims and all labor matters;
- Supports Tax in significant indirect (VAT) and corporate tax matters;
- Stays on top of key regulatory changes impacting the NWE Region and assists the business as required in implementing them;
- Generate matter briefings and reports for General Counsel, NWE;
- Prepare and negotiate legal budgets and manage outside counsel;
- Manage junior counsel and paralegals;
- Other duties as assigned by the General Counsel, NWE.
- Law Degree;
- License/Certification in at least one jurisdiction (Western Europe preferred).
- 8 - 10+ years’ experience as an attorney in a multi-national corporation and/or a law firm.
- Up to 25% as necessary.
- Team player in fast-paced and high-performance culture;
- Superior analytic and problem-solving skills;
- Strong business and operational acumen and ability to effectively and pragmatrically balance legal requirements against commercial and operational needs;
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and deliver under pressure;
- Excellent time management skills required;
- Spearheads legal projects and manages them through to conclusion.
- Strong technical legal and business pragmatic writing skills;
- Effective negotiation skills;
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers;
- Fluency in English required; knowledge of at least one other European language preferred.
Gategroup is the global leader in airline catering, retail-on-board and hospitality products and services. We provide passengers with superior culinary and retail experiences, leveraging innovation and advanced technology solutions. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, gategroup deliver operational excellence through the most extensive catering network in the aviation industry, serving more than 700 million passengers annually from over 200 operating units in over 60 countries/territories across…Više o poslodavcu