Great opportunity to work for a pioneering organization at the forefront of mining.
Join a global network and diverse team where people are encouraged to offer unique perspectives and build knowledge and connections.
We offer competitive compensation, paid parental leave entitlements and flexible work arrangements.
Permanent | Location: Belgrade
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for Sr. Advisor – Project Accounting. In this role you will be responsible for completion of project cost accounting activities, overseeing preparation activities performed by the offshore team and monthly deliverables for key stakeholders.
This role will be required to monitor and maintain accounting systems and controls for the Jadar Project supported by the Group Services, Project Accounting team.
Reporting to the Manager, project Accounting, you will be:
- Managing the day to day accounting and finance requirements for successful delivery of a major capital project
- Support the Manager in various Group Services Initiatives
- Oversee completion of month end accounting activities and preparation of monthly reports and variance analysis
- Managing the reconciliation process between Rio Tinto accounting systems and the Project Controls management tools
- Plan and prepare capitalisation of commissioned project assets
- Contribute to immediate resolution of day-to-day issues and long-term improvements in coordination with the various global teams
- Learn key standard processes and controls within Rio Tinto Projects and support team members and stakeholders with troubleshooting and process knowledge
- Implement standardised Project Accounting processes for the Jadar Project
- Create, report and follow up on key operational KPIs and activities you are responsible for
- Work in close partnership with stakeholders to ensure expectations are met
- Ensures appropriate controls are executed across processes
- Continuously improving our processes with an innovative mindset by leveraging data analytics and digital solutions
What you’ll bring
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Finance and Accounting qualifications (CA or equivalent is preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in an accounting or cost control role within a large global organisation
- SAP and cost or capital accounting experience essential
- Technical expertise (IFRS, Serbian Tax)
- Good communication and reporting skills (presentation, status reports, KPI, fact based analysis)
- Good Organization skills to ensure prioritization of activities
- Demonstrated ability to analyse complex issues and identify/implement effective working solutions
- Strong working knowledge of international practices and ability to work on a global level highly desirable
- Proven ability to manage and influence stakeholders
- Proven ability to work with a diverse and global team to achieve outcomes through collaboration
- Ability to adapt to change, and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
- Possibility of international relocation for international candidates
About Rio Tinto
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we support you to drive positive change.
- Srbija, Beograd, Resavska 23