We shape a better world
Start your career at Arup, an independent engineering and consulting firm of 16,000 people in 38 countries around the world. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest).
Job Title: Senior Social Impact Consultant
Location: Serbia – Belgrade
You would be joining Arup’s Environmental and Social Consultancy Team, based in Belgrade. Our work is predominantly focussed on infrastructure projects – road infrastructure, water and wastewater, solid waste, energy, transport and traffic, and our clients include private sector investors, lenders, and export credit agencies.
We work on all stages of project development and implementation and our roles wary from social impact assessment, through project monitoring and auditing to policy development.
There would be opportunities to work across these areas and to shape your own career direction. You would be expected to be self-motivated and capable of working independently. You would be in regular communication with multi-disciplinary Arup project teams and clients.
- Leading and managing multi-disciplinary projects across a wide range of sectors
- Client relationship management and business development activities
- Line management, mentoring and career development of junior staff
- Preparation and peer review of technical reports
- Managing the stakeholder consultation process
To maintain Arup’s high-quality standards, we are looking for candidates who meet at least, the following criteria:
- Master or university degree in social science, engineering, urban planning, legal or another discipline relevant to the management of social impacts in the built environment
- Experience in social due diligence of medium or large-scale infrastructure projects and the preparation of social impacts assessment reports
- Excellent report writing skills
- Working knowledge of social standards applied by the lenders (International Financial Institutions and commercial banks)
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organization skills for our fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive, and willing to explore new opportunities
- A good standard of written English and good communication skills will be essential
- Have knowledge in the area of social impact assessment and social safeguard management in the field of the built environment; specifically impact from land acquisition, involuntary resettlement, labour and working conditions
- Willing to travel both in the country and internationally
We offer you a job in a multicultural and informal international working environment with good conditions:
- Stable employment on the basis of full-time job contract
- Supportive and friendly work atmosphere, great team
- Family-friendly flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow
- Hybrid home/office working policy
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Attractive salary and benefits package (global profit shares scheme, private health insurance, language courses, multisport card)
- A real opportunity for professional development and exchange of knowledge and experience in an international environment
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive, in compliance with Sustainable Development Goals 8, 10 and 16, as defined by the United Nations. If you have a certificate of disability equal to or greater than 33%, please indicate it. This information, which is voluntary, will be treated confidentially by the Human Resources team, who will take it into account for the selection process related to the position you are applying for. It will help us to improve the integration of profiles with specific needs at Arup.
Please send us your CV and one-page cover letter via the form on the APPLY button.
For more information about this vacancy and to apply please contact Dusica Silic, at Arup in Serbia, by telephone: show phone or by e-mail: email@example.com
Arup, an independent engineering and consulting firm of 13,000 people in 42 countries around the world. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest).Više o poslodavcu