At Arbor, we’re on a mission to transform the way schools work for the better.
Our products are transforming the way schools use data to bring about positive change by empowering schools and teachers. Arbor reduces the amount of time spent on administrative tasks, and increases their time where it matters, with the students!
Innovation is embedded in Arbor's culture and we’re continuously looking at ways to innovate and expand our industry leading MIS (Management Information System) product with new features and functionality. Due to expansion we’re building a new team and need a Senior Software Engineer to work on the development of Arbor’s new Payments and Communications functionality across the Arbor platform and app
You’ll be hands-on with the code base and will also take an active part in the advancement of engineers in your team and across the department, through mentoring, tech talks, and study groups.
A day in the life of a Senior Software Engineer at Arbor
- Working closely with the Engineering Lead, QA Engineer, and Product Manager to help solutionise feature requests efficiently and with schools in mind.
- Be the link between the business and engineering, creating appropriate documentation for new feature developments, including diagrams where appropriate.
- Leading by example and maintaining a high level compliance with engineering standards
- Producing your own well written code using standard design patterns and methods.
- Writing appropriate tests around new features and ensuring appropriate test coverage.
- Carrying out code reviews and pair programming with your colleagues.
- Participating in internal and external tech-talks and team based learning to ensure knowledge sharing across the business.
Within 1 month, you’ll: Help establish progress against immediate priorities, and provide support to junior engineers through pairing, code review, and mentoring
Within 3 months, you’ll: Work with the Lead Product Engineer to establish a technical strategy for the Group MIS
Within 6 months, you’ll: Implement new capabilities across both School and Group MIS systems, and implement a strategy for sustainable development of both modules
We’re looking for a passionate team player, with great mentoring skills.
Beyond that, we’d love to see you have:
- A passion for PHP
- Strong communicator, able to express ideas and solutions clearly to management teams.
- Past experience with enterprise solutions
- A familiarity with Scrum methodology or other agile development processes
- Experience with cloud computing
- Familiarity with software best practices such as Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain-Driven Design, Test-Driven Development.
What we offer
Aside from the chance to work alongside a team of hard-working, passionate people in a role where you’ll see the impact of your work everyday.
- We believe in supporting your professional growth and provide team managers with a training budget to spend on courses for you and your team
- We promote positive well being and as part of this you’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program as well as being able to speak to trained mental health first aiders
- Frequent internal lunch and learns, opportunities to learn from colleagues, and dedicated time off to attend conferences or training
- We are all currently WFH due to covid and will continue to provide flexible work arrangements post covid
- We offer additional discretionary holidays, including half day Fridays during the school summer holidays
Refer a friend: Know someone else who would be good for this role? You can refer a friend, family member or colleague, if they are offered a role with Arbor, we will say thank you with a voucher valued up to £200! Simply email: email@example.com
Arbor Education is an equal opportunities organisation
Our goal is for Arbor to be a workplace which represents, celebrates and supports people from all backgrounds, and which gives them the tools they need to thrive - whatever their ambitions may be.
We want to make sure we build the best products for our schools, and we passionately believe that starts with building a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve. We’re actively working on this, and we’re always open to feedback. Let us know your thoughts!
If you need any adjustments to be made to support you through the recruitment process, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Arbor Education Partners
Arbor Education Partners Schools collect thousands of data points each day, but often find it hard to use this data to target teaching and drive school improvement. Arbor was founded by an algorithmic trader and tech entrepreneur to provide next generation management information systems and big data analytics to intelligently analyse the information schools already collect. Arbor can then show management where resources need focusing, teachers which students need the most help, parents how to engage…Više o poslodavcu