About the Role:
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
WSP's Energy team are looking for a Senior Solar PV Engineer to join our team in Newcastle, London, Manchester or Glasgow.
A typical week would include:
- Managing and performing high quality technical advisory works;
- Project management and interfacing between engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical, civil and control & instrumentation);
- Provide technical input from initial assessment through to technical and economic feasibility of the solar PV project and integration with other electrical or generating plants as necessary;
- Review overall project design and suggest technical and design improvements;
- Preparation and management of specifications, tendering, negotiation and selection of Balance of Plant, Operation & Maintenance or EPC and other supply contracts;
- Technical review/negotiate key construction contracts for, and alongside, clients;
- Due diligence of solar PV projects and support Sponsor(s) and Lender(s) throughout the Financial Close process including technical liaison with legal and financial advisors;
- Risk management, including construction, operational, and financial risk as well as internal WSP risk management;
- Assessing technical risks and proposing mitigation strategies to reduce risk exposure in project CAPEX, OPEX and revenues;
- Monitoring project construction and acceptance including site visits and commissioning supervision; and
- Assist with and/or conduct any other necessary aspects of a project that fall within the discipline of the role.
- Drive and participate in business development in defining and deploying the sales strategy, selecting target markets and clients, and in scoping and pricing of services;
- Support with preparation of proposals for client’s projects such as Due Diligence, Technical Advisory services, Owner’s Engineering, and other service offerings, and provide technical inputs for the WSP internal governance process;
- Manage existing and new customer relationships through efficient client and account management; and
- Attend internal and external meetings and represent WSP in a suitable fashion according to the company principles at all times.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience on Solar PV technology. Mix of UK and overseas experience preferred.
- An in-depth knowledge and field expertise regarding solar PV technologies including emerging technologies and the international solar PV market.
- Technical advisory experience towards investors, project developers and banks or experience with Solar PV plant design dealing with technical advisory support and deliverables.
- Proven experience in business development and Client liaison.
- Knowledge of various solar PV applications (utility scale, ground mounted, building mounted, fixed tilt, single axis and multi axis tracking). Experience with energy storage is an advantage.
- International solar PV project development and delivery experience.
- Past experience covering a range of solar PV plant lifecycle delivery (including feasibility and development engineering, construction monitoring, witnessing testing and commissioning activities, and operational monitoring / inspections)
- Knowledge of solar PV plant designs, Energy Yield Assessment, layouts and connection interfaces.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. VIBE (our LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group) and our Gender Balance Group work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender confirmation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out www.wsp.com for more info about the great work we do.
Please note that WSP reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.
- , ,
- Matični broj: 01383511