The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
The Software Asset Management Coordinator (SAM Coordinator) will actively participate in all activities within the software asset management lifecycle, from the coordination of license purchase to the optimization of license compliance across the IT services software portfolio. S/he will also be in charge of maintaining the ICRC Software Asset repository.
The SAM Coordinator will report directly to the IT Vendor Manager and will support her in managing software licenses within ICRC and in identifying opportunities for cost savings/cost avoidance.
The SAM coordinator will provide expertise in software licensing to ICT stakeholders. S/he will work in close collaboration with ICT units and Purchasers (LOG) and provide advice where required to all relevant stakeholders to ensure software compliance is maintained.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position: Software Asset Management Coordinator
Performs software asset management activities
- Manages all software renewals and ensures the alignment with the dedicated budget as well as registers all information related to budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contracts, and cost
- Monitors all new software integration under the supervision of the IT vendor Manager
- Owns the SAM tool and ensures the information on licenses is accurate and up to date
- Analyzes purchase records and other entitlement information (including contracts, EULAs, EAs, PURs, etc.)
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes software install/usage information to establish an accurate and complete summary of license requirements
- Coordinates with LOG, ICT and Service owners best licensing options for each application service
Ensures license compliance and license financial monitoring
- Identifies, manages and escalates any software licensing risks that may cause the organization to be non-compliant with the licensing terms and conditions
- Ensures compliance reviews for strategic vendors and usage audits
- Ensures licenses financial tracking, follows up budget expenditure throughout the year along with identifying and escalating financial risks
- Performs monthly budget reviews and identifies cost-saving opportunities
- Identifies opportunities to provide improved value for money including consolidating individual licenses into larger agreements and reducing the replication of functionality across multiple products whilst maintaining compliance
- Actively participates in the annual budget definition process
Improving the software asset management process
- Contributes to define and follow up KPI related to licensing
- Assists in the development of reporting to address management requirements to obtain information
- 2 years of Software Asset Management experience or Software Audit experience or IT administration experience
- SAM Tool knowledge – ideally Snow Software certification or 2 years’ experience
- Experience working with IT asset management systems and IT asset discovery technologies
- Knowledge of software asset management concepts, policies, procedures and techniques
- Proactive communications across the organization on here above matter
- Excellent command of English, French is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.