SnapAV + Control4 is a leading manufacturer and distributor of audio, video, surveillance, power, and wiring equipment for residential and commercial A/V integrators. We believe that life’s better when everything works together. And the same can be said about the collaborative work we do. Join our award-winning team in our continuous quest to deliver the most brilliant, personalized smart home experiences to people around the world.
The Software Development Engineer in Test will report to the Director of Engineering. The individual will be responsible for overseeing and assisting test engineers with testing activities throughout the development process. This position requires excellent organization, ability to multi-task and strong communication skills across all levels of the organization. The Software Development Engineer in Test will ensure the test engineers have the proper tools and training needed to follow the established quality assurance process. A successful individual should demonstrate intellectual curiosity, accountability, attention to detail and business acumen. Being a proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a high-energy and team-oriented environment with the ability to motivate others are key attributes for this position.
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures (manual and automated)
- Identify bugs and issues to be remediated for increased product quality
- Thoroughly performs testing of applications across all combinations of platforms (browser/mobile)
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers
- Reports defects/issues and works with the appropriate team to resolve them.
- Set up and maintain test environments
- Participate in review of QA Standards, Procedures, tools and process
- Collaborate and communicate with different teams
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in Test or QA Test Lead; OR 7+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in Test or QA Test Lead
- Experience developing and managing QA test plans and test cases
- Experience with bug tracking tools (i.e. JIRA)
- Thorough understanding of test automation frameworks and tools
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines a plus (Jenkins, AWS, etc.)
- Experience designing and running stress, load, and performance tests
- Bash programming
- Experience with Firmware
- Networking knowledge/skills