We are looking for a Software Engineer that is ready to join the challenge of building from the ground-up the Backend Platform that will power our newest game: “Century: Age of Ashes” (on PC and consoles).
This will be a state-of-the-art, custom built, highly distributed, highly scalable, flexible set of services that will provide matchmaking, server management, storage, communication, monetization, liveops and many other online features to “Century” (and to our next games too).
- Immerse yourself in the needs and challenges posed by a game with hundreds of thousands of Daily Active Users that each consume tens of online services per second.
- Use your knowledge of design patterns and coding best practices to Design and Develop a robust and coherent Backend Platform with Services such as Matchmaking, Accounts Management, In-App Management, Client Relationship Management, Data Storage, Leaderboards, Telemetry.
- Build your applications to satisfy high objectives of concurrency, scalability, availability, resilience and security.
- Perform load tests and benchmarks, analyse results and optimize all aspects of the application and infrastructure to achieve the smallest response times or the lowest resources usage possible.
- Continuously support, improve and expand our Backend after its delivery as the needs of the game(s) rapidly evolve and the platform will evolve together with them at a rapid pace.
- Have at heart the Quality of Service for our players.
- Work in an agile fashion with the other Backend programmers, sysadmins, QA engineers and help everyone achieve the common goals.
- Ensure code quality, clarity and maintenance, following closely the industry standards and keeping in mind scalability and performance.
- 3 — 5 years of experience in server-side application development.
- Good knowledge of one or several modern databases (Redis, Memcache, MongoDb, Cassandra, *SQL etc) and in optimizing their usage for speed and cost effectiveness.
- Good knowledge of modern “client-service/service-service” communication stacks (HTTP, REST, OAuth, WebSockets, data structures Serialization, RabbitMQ, Kafka etc).
- Motivated to put to use and deepen your knowledge about design patterns for server-side enterprise applications (eg: microservices architecture).
- Familiar with working Agile (sprints, revision control systems, Jira).
- Experience of working with main cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) and with their main services.
- Experience with managing security risks, scalability.
- Deep interest in online gaming.
- Good spoken and written English skills.
- Experience in online video games.
- Experience in crossplay and cross platform development.
- Good knowledge of DevOps oriented technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible).
- Experience with testing and load-testing frameworks.
- Experience in optimizing online services.
- The ability to develop from scratch a kick-ass platform that will power our greatest game “Century” and that will become the online foundation of Playwing’s future games.
- Be part of an elite team of talented and experienced engineers and grow together with them as the project expands.
- Motivating salary package, performance-based.
- Ability to work from home.
Trailer of the “Century: Age of Ashes”: youtu.be/21T_6N_uYHo
Playwing is a publisher founded in 2017, privately owned by the founders of Ubisoft, and focused on multiplayer and cross-play games. Playwing Teams are composed of creative talents focused on delivering fresh and innovative gaming experiences accessible instantly by players.
Playwing is a publisher founded in 2017, privately owned by the founders of Ubisoft, and focused on multiplayer and cross-play games. Playwing Teams are composed of creative talents focused on delivering fresh and innovative gaming experiences accessible instantly by players.Više o poslodavcu