SnapAV+Control4 is a leading manufacturer and distributer of control, A/V, surveillance, networking, power, and infrastructure equipment for residential and commercial professionals. We believe that life’s better when everything works together. And the same can be said about the collaborative work we do. Join our award-winning team in our continuous quest to deliver the most brilliant, personalized smart living and smart business experiences to people around the world.
The Front-End Software Development Engineer position reports to the Manager of Engineering and is primarily responsible for front-end development on the 4Sight web and mobile applications. 4Sight is SnapAV/Control4’s recurring subscription offering for providing the best home automation experience while away from your home. 4Sight utilizing the latest versions of React, atomic-design-based component architecture, and ES6 development standards. This role will also integrate with existing Java SpringBoot, ASP.NET and AngularJS web and cloud technologies. This role directly contributes to the ongoing development of a robust design system/component library for company-wide use and implementation. This is a dynamic role expecting the candidate to be well versed in cutting-edge industry techniques for front-end web and back-end cloud integration. This individual will work closely with application platform components and other members of the team.
- Responsible for front-end software development solutions on the 4Sight components of the Control4 web and cloud-based platform
- Collaborate with user-experience, design, and backend developers
- Provide input into emerging development technology options as new tools are explored
- Conduct design and code reviews of developed software and unit tests
- Participate in the staging and production deployment process
- Participate in daily stand-ups and other Scrum meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in front-end web-application development
- Experience with ASP.NET and AngularJS
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with React, HTML5, CSS3, and ES6
- Experience with source code management through Git
- Experience with static typing in ES6, using either TypeScript or Flow
- Experience with ES6-based mobile app development using Cordova, Ionic, or React Native
- Experience with responsive/progressive interface development
- Experience with Development technologies, tooling and protocols like Java Spring Boot, OAuth2, and JMeter.
- Database experience such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and AWS DynamoDB.
- Experience with advanced UI animations, utilizing FLIP methodologies or libraries
- Experience with Webpack
- Agile methodologies