SnapAV+Control4 is a leading manufacturer and distributer of control, A/V, surveillance, networking, power, and infrastructure equipment for residential and commercial professionals. We believe that life’s better when everything works together. And the same can be said about the collaborative work we do. Join our award-winning team in our continuous quest to deliver the most brilliant, personalized smart living and smart business experiences to people around the world.
The Full-stack Software Development Engineer position reports to the Manager of Engineering and is primarily responsible for end-to-end development on the 4Sight web front-end and AWS cloud backend infrastructure. 4Sight is SnapAV/Control4’s recurring subscription offering for providing the best home automation experience while away from your home. 4Sight utilizes the latest versions of React for the front-end and Java for the back-end REST API development of microservices. The microservices are hosted in the AWS ecosystem. This role directly contributes to the ongoing development of a robust design system/component library for company-wide use and implementation. A successful candidate will be well versed in cutting-edge industry techniques for front-end web and back-end cloud development. This individual will work closely with application platform components and other members of the team.
- Responsible for front-end and back-end software development solutions on the 4Sight components of the Control4 web and cloud-based platform
- Collaborate with user-experience, design, front-end and backend developers
- Provide input into emerging development technology options as new tools are explored
- Conduct design and code reviews of developed software and unit tests
- Participate in the staging and production deployment process
- Participate in daily stand-ups and other Scrum meetings
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 2+ years’ experience delivering AWS based cloud solutions to customer markets
- Experience with Development technologies, tooling and protocols like Java Spring Boot, OAuth2, and JMeter
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with React, HTML5, CSS3, and ES6
- Experience with source code management through Git
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Experience with ASP.NET and AngularJS
- Experience with static typing in ES6, using either TypeScript or Flow
- Database experience such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and AWS DynamoDB.
- Experience with Webpack
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and best practices
- Knowledge of containerization tools and best practices
- Agile methodologies