We’re looking for a Solution Architect to identify and validate opportunities within the digital space for our new greenfield project in the Middle East. Your mission is to work with research, design, business development and operations to imagine what the future could be, validate the product vision and strategy, and outline the roadmap that will achieve this.
The Solution Architect will be part of a dedicated team that operates semi-independently within Nortal, and is responsible for exploration of opportunity spaces. The Solution Architect will help drive strategy development, opportunity sizing, experimentation and KPI definition, and work with Product Owners and developers to bring the opportunity to life.
We are looking for someone to:
- Find the best tech solution among all possible to solve the existing business problems
- Document and monitor requirements needed to design a solution
- Work closely with Information Technology professionals within the client to ensure cloud infrastructure is available for projects and is setup properly
- Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources and scope
- Work closely with project management teams to successfully monitor progress of initiatives
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions
- Define clear goals for technical aspects of a project and manage their proper execution
- 8 years of experience in software engineering and design architecture
- Project management and leadership skills are essential
- Experience developing IT and cloud infrastructure
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Positive outlook in meeting challenges and working to a high level
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- That you are comfortable with lots of ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- To know how to find a balance between blue sky thinking and ideation, to tactical delivery needs.
- To love to take an opportunity area, explore potential possibilities, and run experiments to quickly validate assumptions.
- To bring product vision to customer to shape the conversation and sell the product before it has requirements.
- You have 3+ years’ experience creating customer facing products, ideally in high paced environments.
- You have experience working in a cross-functional team, involving research, design, engineering, data analysis etc.
- You have strong empathy for customers, and can identify their current and future needs
- Willingness to travel 30% of the time to the Middle East, where you will be able to interact with end users directly.
We like to say that Nortal is a right-sized company – big enough to undertake and impact influential projects yet small enough to care. At Nortal, your voice is heard, and everyone’s input matters. You solve critical problems for interesting customers from different domains. You work with experienced colleagues in a warm environment. You can execute your ideas in a reasonable time frame. And what you do and learn here is universally relevant and valuable. Last but not least, Nortal is an agile company with a low hierarchy – meaning heavy on common sense, light on rules, and substance is more important than titles!
Sounds like your next challenge to tackle? Don’t hesitate to apply!