Tridonic, the Zumtobel Group's technology company, is a leading global player in the field of lighting technology that produces innovative hardware and software for smart and connected lighting systems.
The core task of this function is the development and improvement of sustainable packaging concepts for TRIDONIC products, definition of sustainable packaging concepts and their realization in cooperation with the sustainability initiative, purchasing function, the segment management, the product management, the production sites, as well as the outbound supply chain and the packaging suppliers. In detail, the responsibilities and aspects to be considered are as follows:
Responsible for the definition and implementation of packaging concepts within NPD and CPD projects.
Responsible for the development and implementation of improvement projects for existing packaging of running products.
Technical and legal requirements
Packaging concepts are to be implemented according to international or country specific requirements and specifications. This includes legal requirements such as REACH, POP, etc., as well as general requirements of the circular economy for packaging materials.
In addition, technical requirements on the part of the products, such as ESD protection, dust protection during transport, must be taken into account if necessary.
Customer requirements for packaging systems
In cooperation with the product management and the sales organization, customer requirements with regard to unpacking handling (time required by the customer, as well as disposal volume and inclusion in the recyclable materials cycle) must be taken into account in the concepts.
Packaging concepts must be designed to minimize total manufacturing costs, optimize transport volumes (e.g. packaging density, optimization of standard pallet quantities, etc.) and provide adequate protection during storage and transport in outbound logistics.
Short list of responsibilities:
- Improve existing packaging concepts towards sustainable packaging: analysis, idea generation, concept and implementation
- Evaluate usage of recycled materials, more and more elimination of non-recycled and non-recyclable materials for packaging
- Ensure compliance with legal, customer and internal requirements
- Meeting with the sustainability, design, purchasing and marketing teams to discuss packaging specifications and confirm budgets
- Evaluating market trends and analyzing similar packaging designs (i.e. competitor analysis).
- Brainstorming packaging ideas using hand sketches, verbal cues, words, and design software.
- Ensuring packaging designs accurately represent the company’s brand and ethos.
- Selecting functional ideas and creating packaging mock-ups.
- Identifying suitable packaging materials and conducting feasibility studies.
- Collaborating with graphic designers and copywriters to finalize packaging text and graphics.
- Completing final mock-up designs using computer modeling software.
- Presenting final designs to stakeholders and company managers.
To start in function and/or hold function interim:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design, mechanical engineering, graphic design, art, or a similar field.
- Marketing experience would be preferable.
- Proven experience working as a packaging designer.
- Natural talent for design and a keen eye for detail.
- Familiarity with various packaging materials.
- Knowledge of consumer packaging health and safety regulations.
- Proficient with 3D design software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ideally first touch-points with sustainable packaging have been made, e.g. by using recycled materials, cradle to cradle concepts etc.
To perform in function on permanent basis:
- Sound knowledge of applicable legislation such as REACH, POP, RoHS.
- General environment protection training
- Evacuation alarm training
- Understanding the concepts of sustainability and certification needs inside Tridonic
- Understanding of today’s Tridonic internal requirements to packaging (e.g. drop test) to safe guard the products inside the packaging
Tridonic SRB d.o.o.
- Srbija, Niš, Ulica Cumtobel 1
- PIB: 110562375
- Matični broj: 21363162