Work from Home
Sourcefabric is looking for a System Administrator to join our international team and help maintain the systems and security of the independent media outlets we work with.
Sourcefabric believes in quality, independent journalism. We provide news organisations with award-winning software, expertise and support to produce it online, in print and on air. Sourcefabric is established as a Czech non-profit organisation with its headquarters in Prague, branches in Berlin and Toronto, and representatives in Warsaw, Belgrade and Cluj.
We have four open source software projects and offer a range of mission-critical hosted and managed solutions for newspapers, websites, radio stations and publishers all over the world. System Administrators are the backbone of our organisation.
We offer you the opportunity to:
- Work on meaningful open source projects that make the world a better place.
- Work with a great team: we are international, friendly, and enthusiastic, have years of open source experience, and your manager understands the software development process.
- Work in an environment that allows you to improve your skills and keep up with the latest development technology; we all enjoy learning from each other.
- Have your voice heard and considered in the decision-making processes in the company.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Excellent spoken and written English, with additional languages a plus
- 3-5 years experience as a Linux system administrator or system integrator.
You should know how to install/configure/monitor/optimize/secure/repair the following:
- Ubuntu/CentOS/Debian server
- application servers: Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, Bind, isc-DHCP, Exim4, proFTPd, SSHd
- database servers: MySQL, Postgres, Mongodb, Elasticsearch, Redis
- monitoring tools: Zabbix
- file system/RAID volumes
- server virtualization: LXC, KVM/Qemu
- Shell, Ansible Playbook programming
- SSL certificate management: creating, revoking, user/web protection
You should know how to troubleshoot software/hardware/network issues to identify where a problem is happening.
We are also looking for the ability to integrate different open source applications together.
Other skills you can impress us with include SQL, PHP and Python programming, and/or Amazon services management experience.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Please send your CV, a cover letter and your salary expectations.
Deadline for applications: 09.02.2019.