Are you interested in joining a start up with bold global ambitions, that already has the backing of, a €3+ billion revenue, 27000+ person organisation operating in over 70 countries, that has deep market sector insights in collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services?
We are creating a new entity focused upon accelerating the investment and development of digital solutions which support the asset lifecycle and will position Arcadis as a digital front runner in the fields of digitized asset management, cities, and mobility. Our focus is upon accelerating our ability to bring highly scalable digital propositions quickly and seamlessly to both existing and new Arcadis clients across the globe.
We have a clear vision that will enable us to rapidly scale our existing digital capabilities and innovate based on the identified underserved demand in the market, by creating industry leading products, platforms, and solutions. Our strategy to become more digitally focused has already seen the acquisition of two digital asset management companies to build on our existing digital capabilities from the Arcadis technology division, all of which will form the foundations of this new digital entity.
Arcadis Gen’s Product & Technology domain is developing the next generation of Enterprise Decision Analytics applications. We have a strong need for a System Test Engineer to design functional test cases and manually test the applications from development through to release. This role is expected to engage with Scrum team members in the ALP team and Senior Test Engineers in Product & Technology.
Core responsibilities include:
Test Scripts and Plans: The System Test Engineer will take responsibility for producing test plans & technical notes for specific work packages. The System Test Engineer will produce functional test scripts – including for regression testing.
Test Execution: The System Test Engineer will perform manual testing across the full software lifecycle using test procedures and experience-based test techniques for software builds such as shake down, functional and regression testing. They will carry out manual testing for:
- Web based UIs
- Windows desktop (WPF) applications
Defect Management: The System Test Engineer will ensure that defects are effectively managed – finding, tracking and reporting on all bugs and ensuring this feeds into the product backlog.
Collaboration: The System Test Engineer will work closely with product owners, application developers, QA Engineers and Senior Test Engineers to provide test coverage that meets requirements.
- Planning and managing test activities for allocated work packages.
- Producing and implementing test conditions and test scripts.
- Execution of test scripts including logging results, reporting issues and re-testing fixed issues.
- Ensuring software is tested to specification and in line with customer or contract requirements.
- Participating in scrum ceremonies for the EDA build team.
- Responsive and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
Key Relationships, Collaborations and Connections
- This role will work within a scrum technical team, reporting to Architecture Owners within the Products & Technology domain.
- It will collaborate closely with other sub domains with the P&T Domain and other domains, including:
- Software Developers
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Scrum Team Members
- Senior Test Engineers
- Infrastructure Engineers
- QA Engineers
- Support Engineers
What We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate will have extensive manual software testing experience involving systems with complex business processes and an analytical background with good problem-solving skills. They will have a keen interest in the field of software testing, with a particular emphasis on experience-based test techniques. Any knowledge of statistical analysis or data science would be beneficial. The candidate is expected to learn fast and quickly contribute to the build team with guidance from software developers, senior testers and other domain stakeholders.
- Fluent in English Language – written and spoken
- Analysis of light weight acceptance criteria to derive test conditions and test scripts
- Proven experience of or aptitude for manually testing systems with complex business processes using experience based and other black box test techniques
- Testing in multiple web browsers and utilisation of their respective development tools e.g. Edge or Chrome
- Exploratory, scripted and mind mapping testing techniques
- Understanding of defect management process
- Familiarity with using Software Development tools (Azure DevOps, Jira)
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Graduate education in a relevant degree or subsequent applicable work history
- Software testing qualification – ISEB / ISTQB
- Extensive exploratory testing experience
- Experience of agile methodologies: Scrum
- Knowledge or experience of any of the following: Asset Management, R and Shiny, Data Science, API testing, Test Automation
Who Are We?
At Gen we have a mantra which is to be Bold, Agile and to deliver Accelerated Growth, this focuses our efforts and defines the way in which we will deliver to the market.
Our spirit, makes us unique, binds us together and sits at the very essence of who we are and how we ‘show’ up.
Our fear of failure is mitigated by a thirst for positive disruption.
- We demonstrate intellectual humility – we can admit we are wrong and may change our options often, when new information or insights come to hand.
- We value talent, skill & knowledge but prize agility and adaptability above all else.
- We are optimists believing that we can and we will always find a way…..mindset matters.
We are motivated and driven by:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be inventive and free from tight organizational constraints.
- A desire to learn and grow, to push and challenge ourselves and to test the limits of our potential.
- To attempt the extraordinary, motivated to achieve even in the face of set back or obstacle.
- To collaborate, pursuing shared rather than individual goals, believing that we do our best work when we default to ‘open’ rather than ‘closed’.
- Playing a role on the global stage, leading and influencing the future of our industry and sector and by deeply understanding the needs of our clients.
Leadership at Gen
Leadership at Gen is not based on principles of power and control but rather on encouraging self-determination, experimentation and creativity. Our leaders actively:
- Encourage experimentation: The role of a leader is not to reduce risks or prevent failures, but to create an environment resilient enough to take these risks and handle the missteps.
- Instill trust: Silos are the enemy of agility, to be truly agile requires foundations built on trust, discipline and single-minded focus, collaboration and transparency are essential to success.
- Cultivate diversity of thought: Believe that different views, healthy debate and respectful conflict are good things, they are the catalysts for creativity & will fuel our innovation
Who is Arcadis
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are a multi-billion business that employees 27,000+ people globally. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.
Discover the next generation Bold, disruptive, experimental - the pioneers of what's possible. Changing how we think to create a better tomorrow. We are Arcadis Gen.Launching in spring 2020, Arcadis Gen is the new digital business from Arcadis, SEAMS and EAMS Group Our Story Arcadis Gen specialises in working with clients to enable them to achieve their strategic objectives, as they reach new heights in business performance, asset reliability and performance, efficiency and effectiveness…Više o poslodavcu