NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Position: T&T DevOps – DevOps Engineer
The T&T Product team is responsible for the upkeep, development and evolution of the RMM platform, by providing rich monitoring and management of customer networks for our operations team, partners and end customers. Our platforms support complex multivendor network estates through all stages of our ITIL aligned lifecycle. We have a clear focus on being ahead of the curve, by enabling emerging technologies such as SD-WAN, NFV and Edge computing to allow us to service the world’s most forward-looking vendors, carriers and global enterprises.
We are looking for an experienced SW DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. You will work within our T&T DevOps group alongside our business partners as we define, develop, test and deploy the best in class Network Management platform.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
- Be part of an Agile team, participating in all Agile ceremonies & activities and be accountable for the sprint deliverable
- Designs infrastructure, architecture, and software carefully considering functional and non-functional requirements
- Setup lab environments including software, hardware, and networking as needed
- Defines, constructs, supports and documents solutions based on business needs.
- Automates tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Removes silos, contributing to the design, implementation, testing, and delivery of features
- Reviews design and code with developers and architects in consideration of performance, scalability, testability and supportability
- Can diagnose and debug issues within the system or in downstream dependencies, working with other teams to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Participate in continuous knowledge creation and sharing within the team.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, demos and retrospective meetings.
Essential Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering and orchestrating environments in an automated manner
- Experience working with Public Clouds (GCP, Azure or AWS)
- Strong scripting and integration skills (API and workflows utilizing Python/Go or similar)
- Working experience with at least some of the following technologies:
-Network Monitoring tools (SMARTS / Nagios / OpenNMS / Zabbix)
-Time Series DBs (Prometheus/Influx/Cassandra)
-Creating and managing VMs, images, and containers for deployment to physical or cloud instances (VMWare/Azure/GCP)
- Experience of utilizing network monitoring protocols (SNMPv2/v3, NetConf, Syslog, gNMI or via APIs)
- Experience of using Git and automation build tools
- Preparedness for on-call duties
Nice to have
- Strong computer science fundamentals: OOP, design patterns, data structures & algorithm
- ServiceNow administration/developer experience.
- Front End development experience using React, Angular, Vue or similar modern frameworks.
- ITIL v3/v4 certification
- Working history in Helpdesk, NOC or SOC
General knowledge, skills and abilities
- In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (including agile, iterative, and other modern approaches to software development)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Ability to estimate work effort for stories and epics, and ensure the milestones are successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfils the role of teacher, mentor and coach
- In-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practice
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced agile environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies
- You have built or want to build outstanding services that users love interacting with
- Ability to tackle problems both at the small and large scale
- Strong desire to continually learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies, including those out of your comfort zone
- You can work with teams across multiple time zones
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.