About the Role:
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
As part of our continued expansion within the Regulated Transmission and Distribution Service Line we have a wide range of opportunities for Engineers to join our teams based in the South East, North West and North East of England.
We are particularly interested to hear from applicants with previous experience providing Project Management, Design or System Network Planning for UK Distribution and/or Transmission Companies.
Position available include:
- OHL Project Managers & Design Engineers (Experience of Wood Pole and/or Towers)
- Cable Project Managers & Cable Design Engineers
- Substation Plant & Equipment Project Managers & Design Engineers
- Control & Protection Design Engineers
- Primary Design Engineers
- System Network Planning Engineers
A typical week would include:
- Designing EHV substations, cable and overhead circuits across full project life cycle, from feasibility studies to detailed design for Contractors.
- Network Design and planning preparing the necessary electrical studies, design work and cost estimates.
- Project Management of Electrical Power Transmission and Distribution projects
- Attending site meetings and provide ongoing design drawing changes / support as required during project build.
- Engineering support for Design Supply and Construct projects.
- Reviewing designs produced by Independent connection providers (ICP’s)
- Engineering support for ICP’s
- On completion of projects, conduct a review to identify any failures, non-conformances and preventable problems
- Finding timely solutions to complex problems
- Liaising with clients both locally and worldwide
- Working closely with other members of the team, providing advice and guidance where needed
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
A minimum HNC in an Engineering Discipline and experience in any of the following areas:
- Project Management involving the delivery of CAPEX and Customer connection projects at voltages from 11kV to 400kV from project initiation, specification and design, tendering, construction through to project closure.
- Experience in OHL Tower and Wood Pole design with PLS-Cadd, Pole and Tower experience.
- Proven experience in the design of both AIS & GIS substations up to 400kV
- Knowledge of engineering standards for EHV Plant, substations (including earthing and electrical clearances).
- Undertake the role of ‘Designer’ and ‘Principal Designer’ under the CDM regulations.
- The ability to design EHV substations with CAD systems and use of document control system.
- An ability to interpret technical documentation relating to the design of electrical substations.
- Network system design and planning, including technical and cost assessment of options
- Experience of specifying key electrical equipment parameters
- Electrical system design and protection setting calculations
- Distribution and Transmission Authorisations in particular TP141
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. VIBE (our LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group) and our Gender Balance Group work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender confirmation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out www.wsp.com for more info about the great work we do.
Please note that WSP reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.
- , ,
- Matični broj: 01383511