Arcadis Gen is the new SaaS business from Arcadis, backed by a €3bn+ revenue, 27,000-person, 70-country, 130-year-old company. We are bold, dynamic, and disruptive, revolutionizing the future of digital asset management through our 250+ colleagues in over 10 countries worldwide.
Gen has one purpose: to unlock the power of data for a more sustainable, efficient, and resilient world. The world is rapidly changing, and the potential of boundless data and transformative technologies brings countless challenges. And no-one is meeting these challenges quite like we are. Our customers want digital solutions that will optimize their businesses – for better performance, reliability, and improved quality of life for everyone. And that is what we do.
Our UX Engineers have the responsibility for delivering user experience and interface design and support across our Agile development teams. You will be responsible for creating wireframes, mock-ups and high-fidelity (clickable) prototypes for web-based software modules and products for data analytics and forecasting (both creating new and enhancing existing products). You should have a strong background in design thinking and have worked in an Agile software development environment. You will have a keen interest in making simple interfaces for complex tasks, and in bringing moments of joy into what can be somewhat sterile software. You will work closely with one or more build teams and be comfortable collaborating across departments, forging close links with our Customer Experience team to gather feedback and design enhancements to existing products.
- User Experience Design: Work with customer-facing colleagues (SMEs, Product Managers, etc.) and users themselves to understand the needs of the user and design end-to-end user journeys that deliver their requirements, whilst relieving pain points. Validate those user experiences with subject matter experts and user focus groups.
- User Interface Design: Deliver UIs which support the user experience. Design new or adapt existing UIs to support a painless user journey, delighting the user with innovate touches. Incorporate our standard web components in designs, working to deliver on-brand UI that supports the sense of a unified product family. Deliver UIs that work on both desktop and mobile browsers.
- Prototype Development: Go from simple wireframes and mock-ups to high-fidelity prototypes. At all stages, engage with key stakeholders to gather feedback and adapt the designs, before passing them to the development team. Work closely with the development team to ensure that the design is implemented, and that any changes due to technical feasibility issues are folded into design updates.
- UIXA Community: Be an active and vocal member of our Product Excellence function, contributing to the User Interface, eXperience and Accessibility (UIXA) Community, which focusses on creating standards and guidelines for usability which are implemented in all Arcadis Gen products. Engage with individuals across the business to explain and champion our standards, and actively contribute to their ongoing evolution. You should be passionate about good user experience and the value this brings to our products.
- Collaboration: All aspects of the role require collboration with members from across Gen’s Products & Techonology domain, and across other domains within the business, including members of the parent company, Arcadis. There will also be the potential to engage with end users to directly gather input and feedback on existing UI and new designs.
What You Bring
The successful candidate will have 3+ years of experience of UX and/or UI design for browser-based software-as-a-service products, with a strong focus on design thinking and the simplification of complex tasks. Specific qualifications are not required, but we will expect you to be able to provide evidence of ways in which you have delivered exceptional user experiences, no matter what products you’ve worked on. You will be self-starting and want to inspire others on the importance of good design.
- An environment with the innovative culture and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up, but with the security of a new venture backed by a large publicly listed company.
- A commitment to the principles of flexible working to enable you to have your ideal work-life integration.
- A series of Healthy Working Practices across Gen, including Thinking Thursdays, a day dedicated each week to minimising meetings and maximising opportunities to reduce the Arcadis Gen load.
- Social events (virtual for the time-being) and gratitude programmes, including vouchers on your birthday.
And of course,
- Compensation and performance incentive schemes which reward superior delivery.
- Leading healthcare, financial and wellbeing benefits, with support for learning and professional development.
Want to Know More?
Equal Opportunity Statement
Learn about Gen’s purpose To Unlock the power of data for a more sustainable, efficient and resilient world and our strategy to make this happen: www.arcadisgen.com/Strategy
Learn about our values: www.arcadisgen.com/Values
Find us on your favourite social media platform:
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis Gen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role. All employment is based on merit and business need.
Discover the next generation Bold, disruptive, experimental - the pioneers of what's possible. Changing how we think to create a better tomorrow. We are Arcadis Gen.Launching in spring 2020, Arcadis Gen is the new digital business from Arcadis, SEAMS and EAMS Group Our Story Arcadis Gen specialises in working with clients to enable them to achieve their strategic objectives, as they reach new heights in business performance, asset reliability and performance, efficiency and effectiveness…Više o poslodavcu