A360 is part of the T-Base Communications group of companies. A360 provides digital accessibility audits, remediation support, and ongoing monitoring for companies large and small. Our diverse team brings a wealth of experience in accessibility, web development, marketing, sales, and technology that is focused on making websites and mobile apps more accessible for all people. T-Base is the North American leader in design, production and delivery of accessible statements, documents, and online services for our customers in the financial, telecom, healthcare, government and education markets. Our A360 business is growing quickly. We are currently recruiting for a mid to senior level Web Application Developer.
We are looking for a mid to senior-level web application developer with experience in both Ruby on Rails and Node.js to help us continue to build out our outstanding digital accessibility project management, knowledge base, help desk and automated accessibility scanning systems. These systems are used internally by A360, and by hundreds of our business customers. We use Rails 5 on Heroku, Node.js and AWS Lambda for background scanning and Vue.js for some real-time components.
Day-to-day you will work with the CTO, our incredible design agency, Rails developers and front-end developers to continue to expand our offerings. You will have a significant amount of autonomy on the features and components you'll be working on. You will also have a large impact on the overall direction of our solution.
The specific duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows (such duties and responsibilities being subject to amendment or other changes as determined by the Chief Technology Officer on an ongoing basis):
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop solid, testable, gimmick-free Rails and Node code
- Contribute to prioritizing feature sets
- Contribute to overall vision of the solution
- Share your development knowledge with our auditors and other technical staff
- Write technical and customer facing documentation when needed
- Create and update issues as they arise in Github
- Be a creative, curious and passionate part of our culture
The following are the requirements for this position:
- 3+ years combined Rails and Node.js development experience
- Ability and desire to share your knowledge with other developers and A360 staff
- Ability to speak and write to both a technical and non-technical audience
The following items are desirable, but not required:
- Experience with Vue.js or similar
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Heroku
- An understanding of web-based accessibility issues
- Mobile development experience (iOS, Android, React Native, etc.)
- Screen reader and other assistive technology experience
- Experience with universal design
If you are interested in this position please send your CV and motivational electronically.
PLEASE DO NOT include your photo, date of birth or marital status!
- Kanada, Inostranstvo, 885 Meadowlands Drive East, Suite 401, K2C 3N2