UNICEF in Serbia is seeking qualified consultants for the following assignment: Video Lessons Editors to perform video editing of educational lessons for students of elementary and secondary schools
Ref. Number: VN 37 – 533144
The COVID-19 poses a serious threat to children’s education globally. The pace and scale of the educational disruption is unparalleled. To mitigate the impact of school closure, the Serbian Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development (MoESTD) has established a distance learning system, with a combination of video lessons broadcasted on the public broadcasting service RTS (following the national curriculum) and direct contacts between teachers and students through digital classrooms and social networks.
UNICEF is a designated agency within the UN Crisis Management Team for monitoring the issues and actions related to the social impact of the COVID-19 outbreak, which includes education as a response priority. UNICEF supports MoESTD’s efforts to mitigate the social impacts of the coronavirus by ensuring the continuity of learning and well-being for children and youth, especially for the most vulnerable, affected by the outbreak. Through this consultancy, UNICEF will support MoESTD to provide quality distance learning and increase reach of children from vulnerable groups. This will be done by speeding up the process of editing quality video lessons, including lessons in the languages of minorities.
Work Assignment Overview:
Under the general guidance and direction of the UNICEF Education section and the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, the consultants will be responsible for editing video lessons for students of elementary and secondary schools, including lessons in the languages of minorities.
Duration of the assignment: 5 months (August – December 2020)
Detailed task description:
- Prepare the opening and closing graphics
- Edit video and web materials as needed
- Perform sound mix if needed
- Prepare the final videos for web and broadcast distribution
- Ensure all editing cuts, splices, changes and additions appear seamless and natural and help the story flow more effectively in the finished product
- Troubleshoot technical problems
- Submit monthly reports to UNICEF, specifying the number of edited videos, titles of the covered lessons and for which school grades
- A minimum of 500 30-minute video lessons per consultant in Serbian and minority languages in formats for TV broadcast, learning platforms and social media channels
- Monthly reports
- At least a high school/vocational school degree
- Minimum of 5 years of professional video and audio editing experience
- Experience in digitizing and video streaming for the TV, web and other multimedia services
- Ability to operate the video production and editing equipment
- Skilled in motion graphics design, animation and video production
- Solid attention to detail
- Fluency in Serbian Language
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application through UNICEF Vacancies page.
The application must include a financial proposal in RSD as a separate document, providing the following information:
- Daily rate (1 workday = 10 edited videos).
The closing date for applications is 29th July 2020.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For every child, you must demonstrate UNICEF's core values of Care, Respect. Integrity, Trust and Accountability and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will therefore undergo reference and background checks.
- Srbija, Beograd, Svetozara Markovica 58, 11000 Beograd
- PIB: 108566241