Application Service Engineer
Location: Belgrade, Novi Sad
Would you like to learn about about biometric verification and work with the latest generation smart phone technologies? Interested in learning new platforms and new technology? If you consider yourself a high energy, customer focused, problem solving wiz then this is the team for you.
Daon, www.daon.com, is an innovator in developing and deploying biometric authentication and identity assurance solutions worldwide. Daon has pioneered methods for securely and conveniently combining biometric and identity capabilities in multiple channels with large-scale deployments that span payments verification, digital banking, and securing borders and critical infrastructure. Daon’s solutions provide our customers with choice, making it easier and safer for people to conduct business online, travel, vote, and so much more. Daon’s IdentityX® Platform for mobile biometric authentication removes friction from the authentication process while dramatically reducing fraud to previously unattainable levels. IdentityX allows businesses to conduct transactions with any consumer at any time with total confidence. Get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Assists Daon customers with biometric mobile application development and deployments. Works with customers and internal teams to expedite the diagnosis and resolution of technical incidents and software licensing issues assigned to the Customer Support group in line with service level agreements.
You will work with a global team to provide high quality customer support through the performance of triage and troubleshooting, log file analysis, software delivery, ticketing administration, sample app SDK testing, and processing third party and Daon license requests. This is a challenging and expansive role that provides exposure to many different technologies and opportunities for career development into deeper mobile application, frameworks, or software development (SDK) related roles. In addition to remote assistance and troubleshooting, there may be occasional requirements for on-site product installation, performance improvement, or training delivery.
- Provides comprehensive and professional customer support to ensure customer satisfaction
- Triaging new support incidents, testing biometric sample applications with our Android SDK and iOS SDK, and providing customer solutions either directly or via escalation processes.
- Maximizing customer satisfaction on application development issues by understanding our customer’s needs, consulting with our software development team, and providing technical solutions.
- Support readiness testing of new product releases, its documentation, SDKs and sample apps.
- Delivering and tracking Daon IdentityX software releases and documentation to customers.
- Building customer reference environments in AWS using the Daon sample mobile apps as health checks.
- Authoring, publishing and updating knowledge base articles and web content.
- Tracking and managing Daon and third-party software licenses.
- Administer and improve our Customer Support Portal and other business tools.
- Participate in the on-call weekend rotation as remote support for the global “follow the sun” model.
- Maintains a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries
- Communicates with customers through various channels; chat, email & phone
- Obtains product mastery in order to respond to customer concerns promptly and accordingly
- Keeps records of customer interactions, transactions, comments/complaints/feedback
- Regularly Communicates and coordinates with colleagues as necessary
- Provides feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process
You have most of the following
- Prior Experience working in a customer support role whilst partnering with internal teams to effectively resolve issues through email, live chat
- Mobile device integration testing or SDK experience.
- Strong knowledge of API and ability to conduct/create REST and SOAP web services call for testing.
- Basic knowledge of system administration (both Linux and Windows)
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, etc)
- Experience with AWS and its various services (EC2, RDS, VPC, S3, Route53)
- Basic knowledge of SQL database administration
- Understanding of TLS/SSL, Apache Tomcat, and security certificates.
- Understanding of common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP, SSH, SMTP, LDAP)
- Basic programming skills (OOP)
- Familiarity with at least one source code management system. (Preferably Git)
The following personal traits and characteristics are vital to successfully performing in the role:
- Customer focused, flexible and willing to take ownership of issues
- Excellent communication skills -- a high percentage of your time will be spent dealing with people at different levels of organisations and clear communication is essential – both verbal and written.
- Strong team player that will readily engage and help others on the team when they are under pressure or overloaded.
- Ability to learn quickly – we provide a training programme that requires self-driven learning. This is a key component to help ramp-up in the job as well as progress your career quickly.
- A love of technology – an ideal candidate will have technology running through their veins and impart that passion to clients and the rest of the team.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes, we are flexible with requirements.
- An opportunity to work in the growing world of biometric and identity management technologies
- The chance to be part of a growing support team
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Flexible working environment and culture to support work/life balance
- Possibility to travel abroad and much more!
We are looking for Customer support engineers to cover our middle east customers. As such, the hours of working will be.
- Sunday through Thursday from 8:30 am until 17:30 pm meaning you would be off Friday and Saturday every week
- We are looking to co/locate our support engineer/s in Belgrade as so they are working in parallel with our existing engineering team in Belgrade
If you believe you are the right person for this job, please send your CV to us. We are looking forward to hear from you. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. www.daon.com
O kompanijiOsnovan 2001. godine u Dablinu, Daon je postao jedna od vodećih svetskih kompanija prepoznata po inovacijama u oblastima biometrijske autentifikacije i identity menadžmenta. Daon je inovator u kombinovanju sigurnosnih rešenja koristeći biometrijsku autentifikaciju u oblastima digitalnog bankarstva, travel industrije, platnih sistema verifikacije, osiguranja, telekomunikacija i druge kritičke infrastrukture.Od osnivanja kompanije, naša misija je uvek ista: da postanemo vodeća identity…Više o poslodavcu