The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development was founded in 1991 when communism was crumbling in Europe and ex-Soviet countries needed support to nurture a new private sector and democracy. Today we invest to help build market economies from central Europe to central Asia and the southern and eastern Mediterranean. We are now the largest single investor in our region. Owned by 69 countries and two intergovernmental institutions, we provide project financing for banks, industries and businesses. We also work with publicly owned companies to support privatisation, restructure state-owned firms and improve municipal services. Wherever we are active, we promote policies that bolster the business climate.
Purpose of Job
The Assistant provides administrative support to staff, including travel arrangements and secretarial assistance in project preparation.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Screen telephone calls, taking messages and passing them on as appropriate, providing a professional front of house service.
- Distributions of mail, sending out fax messages ensuring the correct correspondence gets to the correct EBRD staff member.
- Manage the diaries of the Bankers if required to assist with the smooth running of the office and key stakeholder’s schedules.
- Proof read and draft routine business correspondence for Banker’s signature, editing, photocopying, scanning and binding documents;
- Organising conference calls, video conferences, external and internal meetings;
- Travel arrangements for various business trips, including visas arrangements and preparation of ECFs and following up reimbursement process
- Providing administrative support in project preparation/ due diligence/ monitoring: updating projects databases and filing project documents, preparation of contract request forms, communication with TC team
- Maintaining the filing system to ensure instant retrieval of up-to-date information (Project link)
- updating DTM entries as per the OPSCOM minutes and memo;
- OpsCom preparation: video-link organising.
- Assist in the organisation of workshops and seminars, preparing presentations for internal and external meetings;
- Working with visiting missions in the related areas
- To replace receptionist in her absence
- Ad-hoc other secretarial and administrative duties when required.
- Depending on RO to assist two-three lawyers and deal with OGC related issues particularly processing of POAs related to the project; processing of legal documentation, safekeeping; completion of OGC formsTranslation of short documents (max. 1,5-2 pages)
- Depending on RO working with petty cash payments can be required
- Depending on RO may be assigned to coordinate in visa/registration issues, liaise with the MFA
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Higher education
- Fluent English and Serbian with excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Secretarial and administrative experience essential
- Good organisational skills, proactive and flexible attitude to work essential.
- Ability to prioritise own work and to work on own initiative.
- Good communications skills, including pleasant and efficient telephone manner
- Attention to detail and eye for accuracy
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues in a multicultural environment
- Conscientious, reliable and flexible with a professional and helpful attitude.
- Strong team player, with the ability to work highly efficiently and cheerfully and to handle simultaneous assignments involving a wide range of bank-wide contacts.
- Willing to work overtime as and when required, sometimes at short notice.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining calm and professional and a capacity for hard work.
- Excellent interpersonal manner, including tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to exercise judgment on and deal discretely with confidential/sensitive information and data.
- Ability to take on responsibility.
- Excellent time-keeper.
- Computer literate: Windows XP: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
We believe that hard work deserves great rewards. We offer competitive base salaries and annual performance-based bonuses. Permanent staff can enjoy addition benefits such as medical insurance, generous and flexible annual leave options, retirement benefits, reduced gym membership rates and staff discounts at a wide array of retailers.
We recognise the challenges of working far from home, so if you move from another country to take up a post with us, we’ll help by providing ongoing assistance and relocation allowance.