Dundee Precious Metals for its team in Serbia is looking for employment candidates for the position: Communications Officer
Person in this position will assist the management in all communication related tasks, and lead our Public relations and communication activities on both national and local level. This position is based in our Bor or Belgrade office, with frequent travels to Bor. Details of the job description are available below:
Description of duties
- Plan, coordinate and implement/assist in implementation of all public relations activities, external communication requests (corporate, Government and media)
- Review and update the Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP) and Communication Management Strategy (CMS) of DPM in Serbia
- Track and report on the progress of SEP, CMS / Action Plan implementation.
- Draft monthly and annual reports on the SEP status and the image of the company and its subsidiaries, and present it to the management
- Plan expenses for all activities to ensure optimal expenditures of the budgeted amounts
- External and Governmental relations
- Advise, coach and prepare management representatives in communicating with Government officials and organizations
- Participate in communications with Government officials and organisation;
- Develop and maintain relations with persons representing and working for national, local, and regional government, non-governmental organizations, and international institutions and organizations
- Organize regular briefings with journalists, press-conferences and coverage of company events
- Participate in various (national, regional, governmental, industry related) conferences, meetings, workshops etc. acting as a company representative
- Interact with PR agencies and consultants as needed or contracted
- Communication with the Media
- Develop, implement and maintain current DPM messages that are to be communicated through the media (traditional, digital and social networks).
- Prepare, coordinate and issue press-releases and public statements
- Analyze DPM-related information published in the media or in the industry, and brief/update the management monthly
- Develop and maintain relations with representatives of national, local, regional and other media outlets
- Plan and develop DPM presence on social media
- Ensure coverage of DPM activities in local and national media
- Analyze the risks within the communication landscape and recommend appropriate company response to potential negative media coverage and/or actual events that potentially may affect the image/operations of the company or its subsidiaries
- Monitor and report on events in the media that may impact on DPM activities
- Communication with employees and future employees
- Contribute to improving employee engagement and offer advice to managers and HR on improving employer branding.
- Maintain DPM’s positive reputation as a preferred employer (employer brand building), socially responsible company, honest concessioner
- Organizational assistance and support
- Prepare statements and other content for DPM management representatives and spokespersons, including drafting/ editing materials and/or setting up interviews
- Assist and coach management in public speaking and giving public statements
- Assist other company departments with tasks that involve communications or advertising (internally and externally)
- Assist with the drafting of presentations about DPM activities
- Crises and resource management
- Communicate directly or guide communication with media and other stakeholders during drills and actual emergencies
- Assist the DPM management in all communication needs during emergency situations
- Responsible for keeping the documents under their control safe from damage, unauthorized access, distribution and tampering
- Keep confidentiality and bear responsibility when using confidential information
- 5 years of experience in similar position (international organization experience is beneficial)
- University degree in PR and communication, social studies or equivalent professional education and experience
- Experience and success in designing and PR and communications strategies and campaigns
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, experience in content generation is a benefit
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with local and national government, corporate and media sectors.
- Demonstrable experience of working within multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent English language skills
- Experience in the mining industry and of interaction with governmental and non-governmental organisations will be beneficial
If you are interested, please send you CV and a motivational letter electronically.
The deadline for applications is 15.01.2021.