The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC), is looking for a National Finance and Administration Officer (full time, f/m/x) for the project “Facility supporting the strengthening of the Rule of Law in the Republic of Serbia”.
1. Background and Introduction
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), together with the German Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Lithuanian Central project management agency (CPMA), and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) has been pre-selected by the European Union (EU) to implement a strategic project focusing on the support of the Serbian Government in its EU-accession progress in Chapter 23 in the field of preventive anti-corruption activities and victims support.
The project will be implemented under a Multi-Partner Contribution Agreement (MPCA) in Serbia with an implementation period of 36 months. ADA is therefore looking for an experienced National Finance and Administration Officer based in Belgrade for a maximum of 39 months (including an inception/closure period) planned starting in first quarter of 2022.
The Overall Objective of the Action is to contribute to the achievement of the obligations stemming from Chapter 23 - Judiciary and Fundamental Rights, in line with the EU acquis.
The Specific Objective of the Action is to contribute to the achievement of the interim benchmarks in the key areas of Chapter 23, in particular in the areas of fundamental rights protection and fight against corruption.
2. Detailed Terms of Reference
In close cooperation with the National Project Coordinator and the Finance Department in the ADA Headquarter (ADA HQ) in Vienna the Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for financial and administrative management of the project. This position is based in the project office in Belgrade with business trips within Serbia and occasionally abroad.
ADA will rely on three partner organisations for implementation its activities, therefore coordination and close cooperation with them, as well as with GIZ, CPMA and OSCE key experts, and with local and regional authorities and institutions as well as with non-governmental partners, is a core task of the assignment.
2.1. Specific Duties
- Be responsible for the financial and administrative management of the project;
- Maintain proper accounting records and prepare regular financial reports to the EU and ADA HQ;
- Support the Project Coordinator in the implementation of project activities and administrative affairs;
- Ensure proper financial and contractual management of sub-grants including on-the-spot-checks;
- Ensure proper functioning of the project office;
- Be responsible for compliance with local tax and financial management regulations, including maintaining relations with local tax authorities;
- Administration, filing and documentation;
- Provide support to project audit activities in close coordination with ADA HQ;
- Carry out any other duties as required.
3. Qualification and experience
- University degree in accounting, finance or another relevant field;
- At least five years of relevant working experience in the field of finance and accounting, preferably in an international environment;
- Proven experience in budgeting and controlling donor funded projects;
- Excellent knowledge of Serbian accounting, tax, labour, legislation and regulatory requirements;
- Experience with donor procedures and rules applicable to funding received from large institutional donors, in particular with European Union external actions;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications;
- Professional fluency in Serbian and English languages, German would be an asset;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Disclaimer: this employment is subject to the conclusion of the Multi-Partner Contribution Agreement between the European Union and the other Parties. The probation period will be three months.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and no application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by ADA for our recruitment process. Please note that in the event of an invitation for an interview, ADA is unable to reimburse costs incurred. Candidates must expect that references from previous employers will be requested by ADA.
How to Apply:
All applications are due by COB 21.01.2022. CET. If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your application (Cover Letter and CV (in English) as well as other relevant documents incl. your salary expectations) electronically.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To protect our employees and partners, preference is given to candidates who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Austrian Development Agency
- Austrija, Inostranstvo, 2 Zelinkagasse