The National Democratic Institute (NDI) office in Belgrade, Serbia seeks two candidates for a position of Program Assistant to assist the Program Managers in developing and implementing NDI programs aimed at reinforcing Serbia’s democratic political discourse by supporting political party engagement of citizens through data-based policy development and communications processes, fostering transparency, inclusiveness, and quality in policy making, as well as strengthening capacities of NDI’s civil society partners to monitor and evaluate government performance, holding it accountable, to promote citizens’ interests and advocate for democratic changes. We are looking for: Program Assistant
Job Type: Local position
- To report directly to the Program Manager (PM).
- To provide assistance to the PM in all administrative tasks.
- To provide support in coordinating and scheduling meetings, taking meeting notes, drafting correspondence letters and maintaining files and databases.
- To provide written and oral translation in between Serbian and English languages.
- To contribute in drafting project proposals, work plans, memos and other reports.
- To maintain communication with partners including, but not limited to, political parties, Members of Parliament, civil society organizations and other local partners in Serbian and English languages.
- To work closely with the PM and other colleagues on designing, planning and organizing conferences, training and similar events.
- To contribute in organizing and overseeing local partners in developing and implementing program activities.
- To contribute in monitoring and evaluation of program implementation.
- To perform additional tasks needed during the program implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in management and administration, political science, international relations, law, international development or related area.
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in management, administration, project implementation.
- Experience in planning and organizing conferences, training and similar events.
- Exposure to online communication tools (working knowledge advantage) for organizing online conferences and events (e.g. Google Hangouts, Zoom, etc.).
- Strong administrative skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with partners coming from different environments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of organization, initiative, attention to details and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as a constructive member of a team.
- Strong time-management and personal-management skills.
- Punctuality, self-discipline and a high sense of responsibility.
- Willingness to work under pressure and irregular working hours if needed.
- Desire to learn new skills, tools and methods in project management (design, planning, implementation and oversight).
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of Google platforms and applications.
- Ability and willingness to travel to locations in the region, some of which may be remote or lacking modern communications or transportation infrastructure.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results:
- Detailed annual and quarterly work plans, in close cooperation with the PM prepared.
- Efficient, cost effective and timely implementation of activities ensured.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Position is for 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
- Competitive salary for the position (commensurate with experience), subject to negotiation.
- Benefits will be regulated with the Employment Contract in compliance with the Republic of Serbia Labor Code.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.
Interested applicants should submit CV and a motivation letter in English. Applications without CV and/or motivation letter will not be considered.
The deadline for submission of required documents is 6 pm on 20.10.2021.
Applications review process
Step 1: Based on received CVs and motivation letters most suitable candidates will be selected for the second step of the review process.
Step 2: Selected applicants will undertake written English and Serbian languages translation tests along with close-ended and essay questions related to the program topics. Best applicants will be invited for the third step of the review process. All selected applicants will be informed about the outcome of the second step of the review process
Step 3: Selected applicants will be invited for the final interviews with NDI’s applicants review team. All selected applicants will be informed about the outcome of the third step of the review process.
Nacionalni Demokratski Institut
- Srbija, Beograd, Bokeljska 7/ II/2
- PIB: 103104265
- Matični broj: 06000029