Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno is implementing a USAID funded project in Serbia and is looking for qualified individuals to join our Belgrade based team.
We are looking for Short-term Senior legal expert specializing in inspection law
JOB DESCRIPTION AND STATEMENT OF WORK USAID
Cooperation for Growth Project (USAID CFG) implemented by Cardno Emerging Markets USA is 4- year initiative launched in February 2018, whose goal is to improve conditions for broad-based economic growth through improvements in Serbia’s business enabling environment.
The USAID CFG focuses on improvements in the business enabling environment that increase predictability and transparency as well as remove regulatory constraints to economic activity, thereby facilitating private sector growth.
The USAID CFG provides technical assistance, training, and other support to improve the business enabling environment, build channels of communication between public and private spheres and further develop financial markets.
The Project will provide critical support to practical implementation of the risk-based inspections by streamlining procedures, modernizing practices, introducing new communication methods and tools.
This assignment will assist the USAID CFG efforts under Objective 1.1: Implementation of risk-based inspections.
Scope of Work
Senior legal expert will be engaged to support our work in inspection reform by providing legal expertise for drafting the Food Inspections Rules of Procedures.
Drawing from the best international practice and grounded in the positive legislation, the mentioned
Rules of Procedures are to systematize and harmonize rules of procedures of the four inspection services
that have responsibilities in the food safety area with the view to improve predictability, transparency and
coordination of the inspection work.
The assignment is to result in drafting selected chapters of the Food Inspection Rules of Procedures, in
particular those relating to legal set up, inter-institutional cooperation, inspection administrative
procedures, sanctions and plea bargaining.
The Consultant will undertake the following activities:
1. Analyze the existing law and bylaws governing food inspections and inspections overall
2. Prepare draft chapters in close collaboration with Food Safety Expert and project team
3. Take part in consultations with the food inspections and the Coordination Commission and the
Food Working Group under its auspices
4. Prepare final chapters following review and comments provided
5. Prepare STTA Completion Report.
Capacities Required for Position
- Degree in law, administrative law preferred;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in public administration and inspection reform;
- Extensive knowledge of inspection law and inspection systems, standards and practices;
- Experience of working on inspections reform in Serbia;
- Good understanding of Serbian food safety environment is an asset;
- Experience of working with governments and high-level officials;
- Experience of working on USAID or other donor projects;
- Full computer literacy;
- Excellent English and Serbian written skills;
To apply please submit a CV and one-page cover letter in English. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications:
25 October 2020
Predstavništvo Cardno Emerging Markets USA LTD.
- Sjedinjene Američke Države, Beograd, Bulevar Mihaila Pupina 10L
- PIB: 107004055
- Matični broj: 29031673