Rho Technologies is seeking a BSA/AML Risk Officer with 3-5 years of Client Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), and transaction monitoring experience. Rho offers a full suite of financial technology services, including business checking accounts, credit accounts, and corporate cards.
This position responds to General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer and has room for further growth.
The individual suitable for this role will display a high degree of professionalism and integrity through their work and will have a strong understanding of anti-money laundering (AML) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) regulations. The individual should also have experience dealing with fraud monitoring and be capable of assessing risk and implementing solutions to address risk.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and assess transaction monitoring risk where it exists and develops, implement solutions to address such risk
- Identify potential suspicious activity transaction alerts for potential fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing, and other illicit activities
- Ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions
- Ensure alert cases are handled in accordance with procedures that meet standards for both quality and timeliness
- Conduct EDD and CDD
- Ensure escalation of alerts are properly handled and documented according to procedures
- Interact with other departments/lines of business on the resolution of issues (ex. Operations Department, and clients)
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and AML related news
- Effectively utilize and operate all tools and technologies appropriate to the role
- Assist the Compliance Department with specific projects when needed
- Ensure timely completion of all mandatory training requirements
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an AML/fraud transaction monitoring specific role, or AML/fraud consulting/advisory role
- University degree in Business or related field
- Excel and/or programming skills
- Experience and knowledge of various customer types, particularly business customers, and their respective functions
- The ability to decision transaction monitoring alert cases with minimal guidance and supervision
- The ability to independently conduct EDD with high-risk or suspicious customers
- The ability to recognize potential suspicious transactional activities (i.e. patterns of structuring, unusual/inconsistent customer transactional activities, high-risk geographies)
- Understanding of compliance and BSA/AML regulatory requirements, risks, and implications
Nice to Have:
- Ability to develop fraud risk models (preferred)
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Strong communication skills to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure
- Work well independently, and also as part of a team
- CAMS certification or similar
- The ability to conduct independent AML/fraud penetration testing as it relates to current operating procedures
What we offer:
- Truly competitive package (for having trust in the company and readiness to work shifted hours)
- Private medical insurance
- Parking for onsite staff
- Cultural benefits, educational training, travel, etc.
- Work equipment
Note that due to the role specifics, working hours for this role start at 2:30 pm / 3 pm.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity while recruiting for our team. We welcome all qualified applications.
Rho Business Banking
- Srbija, Beograd, Cara Urosa 18
- PIB: 112570100
- Matični broj: 21699624