The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
Accountant/Welcome Officer will be a member of the Finance & Administration unit, in charge of providing support to the F&A Manager, preparing, reconciling and analyzing the accounting and financial report under his/her responsibility. As for the Welcome part, s/he will ensure that Welcome activities are organized smoothly, including travel arrangements, visas and permits, official registration and accommodation.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Accountant / Welcome Officer
- Prepares and posts accounting entries in the accounting software on a regular basis as well as performs integrity checks
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of accounting transactions following financial procedures
- Helps ensure that operations run smoothly through efficient cash-flow management, covering the fund needs of the office
- Keeps files up to date at all times and guarantees proper filing of relevant supporting documents for future reference, including audits
- Participates in monthly closing activities
- Prepares various financial reports and overview of expenses on an ad hoc basis, supports F&A Manager in the budget elaboration and financial follow-up
- Knows, applies and complies with all administrative and financial procedures and deadlines linked to his/her work
- Identifies anomalies or other issues and reports them to his/her supervisor
- Is in charge of all Welcome activities in the BSSC - assists staff travel (plane, train, bus, etc.) according to ICRC's travel policy, as well as assists in planning and organizing travel documents (visa requests/flight tickets/travel insurance) and arranges accommodation; interacts with relevant authorities (ministries, consulates, etc.) regarding certificates, visas, permits, registration, etc.
- Organizes the Welcome side of events/meetings/seminars, coordinating with the parties concerned
- High school or Business school background, bachelor’s degree or equivalent an asset along with minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar field
- Fluent command of written and spoken English, knowledge of French an asset
- Computer proficiency and ability to run specific software
- Capacity to implement ICRC rules and procedures along with a capacity to treat the information confidentially
- Capacity to carry out duties with autonomy
- Well organized, able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize, capacity to work under pressure
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Medjunarodni komitet Crvenog krsta
- Srbija, Beograd, Vladimira Popovica 38
- PIB: 102474882
- Matični broj: 17744968