Job Description Summary
Responsible for the day-to-day support activities in the diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution of software problems and security issues. This role requires a person to have excellent communication skills, be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities, because to write and read code and should show the desire to work in a team environment. Prior Support or QA experience is preferred, but not necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver efficient and premium quality support to both internal and external end-users, meeting all established service level agreements.
- Provide leadership and guidance when working with multi-discipline teams and drive issues to resolution.
- Perform third-level support for end-user reported problems worldwide.
- Create and maintain knowledge databases used to troubleshoot and service end-user reported problems and requests
- Perform intermediate troubleshooting for software problems for all customers
- Review and update technical support documentation to ensure information is complete and accurate
- Train end-users on basic functional use of support software.
- Collaborate with team members to resolve software/hardware problems and disputes
- Participate in weekly customer support calls while sharing the responsibility of updating customers on outstanding support issues.
- Implement new features based on customer or marketing specifications.
- Implement software solutions related to quality improvement and cost reduction.
- Read requirements and specifications to correctly resolve problems and add/modify product features.
- Assist other departments with software related questions and technical support.
- Be aware of Corporate Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action programs and guidelines and is responsible for providing equal opportunity to all associates in all phases of the business
- May require rotation in work hours, pager rotation, 24/7 shift and or extended hours, as needed, to accommodate customer needs. Work may span multiple time zones, cultures and countries, and varying levels of management associated with multiple Customer personnel, internal organizations, and third-party suppliers
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor’s in Computer Information Science preferred with technical/customer service training
- 3+ years of experience performing external client software support
- Basic computer programing skill
- 2+ years of experience with bios management and password management - or similar solutions
- 2+ years of experience with antivirus, application whitelisting technology and hard disk encryption – or similar solutions
- SQL knowledge is a plus
- Experience with programming using the C#, ASP.NET software language.
- Experience with HTML and Java Script a plus.
- Experience with creating and maintaining developments scripts based on different computer languages (command line scripts, Visual Basic scripts, PowerShell scripts.).
- Must have strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Must possess strong technical communication and customer service skills.
- Must possess strong decision-making abilities and ability to work well with others.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must be able to closely follow instructions and pre-established procedures/SOP to perform the functions of the job.
- Minimum C1 English language skills