Assistant Editor (full-time)
Novi Beograd Office
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms across all disciplines. We operate more than 200 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
You would start out as an Editorial Trainee working in close collaboration with our Managing Editors learning how to process papers properly from submission to publication.
You should share our passion for spreading the newly acquired knowledge of today’s scientific community and feel motivated to contribute to open access publishing. We look forward to welcoming energetic new members to our Belgrade and Novi Sad office.
Dependent on your scientific background you will be assigned to an according field. We are mostly looking for Editors educated in the following areas: Chemistry, Molecular Sciences, Engineering, Physics, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Medicine, Geosciences, Mathematics.
- Execute editorial work for journals in your domain of expertise, including organizing the review process for manuscripts, overseeing editorial decisions and handling the communication between the parties involved in the publication process
- BsC degree or higher (Chemistry, Molecular Sciences, Engineering, Physics, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Medicine, Geosciences, Mathematics)
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong English skills in written and spoken language
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail
- Experience with scholarly publishing beneficial
Please send your application letter and CV electronically.
Deadline for applications: 23.02.2020.