Work from Home
At PatronGG, our mission is to build tools that make esports accessible for everyone. Our latest product is called Kokyo, a fan engagement app aimed at providing esports fans with a single place to stay up-to-date with their favourite teams. To help us build the best esports app on the market, we are looking for a Backend Engineer to come and join our early-stage startup.
- Collaborate with the team to create the highest quality experience for our users
- Architect, design, develop and deliver performant and scalable services and systems
- Manage, extend and improve our infrastructure, making sure it is performant and reliable
- Help shape product vision and refine team processes as we grow
We value people more than the tech stack we use. While nothing is set in stone, our stack currently includes:
- Go, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, React, Firebase, Git
- Microservice-savvy: You have multiple years under your belt working with, architecting and designing microservice architecture
- Cloud native: You demonstrated expertise in building performant and reliable infrastructure in the cloud (using technologies like docker, kubernetes or terraform)
- Programmer at heart: You eat, sleep, and breathe code. Your code is excellent in more than one programming language.
- A team player: You work well with others toward a common goal. Achieving results is what matters most to you, not who gets the credit
- Adaptable: You thrive by solving complex problems and evolving requirements. You are keen to stay up to date with modern technologies and tooling
- English speaker: You have excellent English communication skills
NICE TO HAVE:
- Open-Source contributor: You are active in the OSS community
- Veteran in the space: You already have experience in building products for online games or esports
- Passion for games: You share our passion for games and/or esports
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Fast-paced environment with a quick-decision making process to ship products that fans love
- A collaborative culture where your opinion is just as important as anyone else’s
- Educational budget to spend on resources, books, and conferences to constantly learn and become better in what you love doing
At PatronGG we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and open environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof), and game preferences.