BACKEND TECH LEAD FOR CORE SERVICES @ DOODLE
Attention talented individual! This is not just another job posting.
As Switzerland’s leading digital hub, we provide our media and platforms with enabling technology solutions, to drive their businesses. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation, and dynamic development.
We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX.
This is an opportunity to challenge yourself and make your mark on the world. You’ll finally be able to contribute your skills and expertise to a company - and to a product - making a real difference in the lives of millions of people every single day.
Doodle revolutionizes the way the world schedules meetings. Our suite of scheduling tools enables individuals and enterprises around the world to own their time, be more productive, and grow their businesses. We’re the industry leader in scheduling technology with 30 million monthly users, and we’re just getting started.
Now’s your chance to join 80 ambitious engineers, designers, product managers, marketers, and salespeople on a mission to make great meetings happen. Be a part of a global team headquartered in Zurich, with offices in Atlanta, New York City, Belgrade, and Berlin.
Who we’re looking for?
An experienced Backend Tech Lead for our core services teams. In this role you will be developing well-engineered, robust, cutting-edge, high quality software solutions and platforms, in line with business needs and strategy and in accordance with the project plan, specifications and IT standards, by owning the quality of the respective deliverables.
Major Areas of Responsibility / Accountability
- Design the teams architecture and define documentation strategy according to the company technical strategy
- Develop codes, test and analyze software solutions, in accordance with the project plan and technical design
- Deploy the new applications into test environments and assure high-quality software deliveries
- Provide technical support for other other engineers in the team
- Write and maintain system and production documentation
- Contribute to the maintenance and sustainability of the company software architecture and infrastructure
- Translate business requirements and process plans into technical specifications for software development
- Work in cross-functional teams in close collaboration with designers, engineers, and PMs
- Work closely with the product manager and own the technical planning and implementation of the product plan
- Coordinate with other teams on implementation plans and dependencies
- Develop a culture that emphasizes high code quality, continuous improvement and testing while being pragmatic and product attuned
- Create awareness of team mission, definition of ready and definition of done
- Help developers grow professionally through coaching and by reviewing career path goals
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 6+ years of experience as an engineer and in-death knowledge of backed technologies including Java with Spring Boot
- Familiar with the main testing libraries & tools (Jest, Cypress, JUnit and integration tests)
- A data-driven and agile mindset
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent English
What’s awesome about working for us?
- Being a part of establishing a Swiss-based subsidiary - TX Services in Belgrade
- Top talent deserves a competitive salary
- Develop yourself and work on interesting projects in an open-minded and diverse culture
- Every Doodler gets a yearly budget for education, conferences, and learning resources
- Party with your colleagues at international retreats
- Travel to some of our lovely offices worldwide
- Premium Doodle memberships, also for your friends and family
So, get in touch!
At Doodle we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities (EEO) are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation. Doodle embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work and our products will be. We want to hear from you, so please don’t hesitate to apply!