The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
The mission of the Office of the of Digital Transformation and Data focuses on the institution wide efforts related to the ICRC’s digital transformation ambitions, on accessibility and data agility to provide analytics for informed decision making and contribute to relevant thematic or other projects.
Digital Transformation and Data unit more specifically aims to strengthen and promote ICRC's capabilities in governing, managing and capitalizing on data to support digital transformation agenda and strengthen ICRC’s ability to make appropriate and timely management decisions – both in field operations and at headquarters.
The position of Business Data Analyst works with Strategic Data Analyst to transform data into insights that will lead to informed business decisions at the institutional level and support ICRC Institutional Strategy and Performance Monitoring.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position: Business Data Analyst
(location Belgrade, 12 months contract with a possibility of extension)
- Is accountable for creating high quality, actionable analysis/reports on a recurring and ad hoc basis using internal and external data, to enable evidence-based decision-making or use of data in daily activities
- Assists reflection for the institution on performance measures, improvements in the functional area of expertise and provides ongoing support with data and analysis
- Contributes to the development of the data model, data marts and usage of the master and referential data for analysis across the business units and at institutional level
- Mines the business’s database in search of critical business insights for the relevant departments and the institution at large
- Supports identification of shared indicators across the services and contributes to the development of the Institutional Data Warehouse
- Assists in developing & applying data quality monitoring tools (dashboards etc.) and contributes to driving the data quality
- Applies best practices, standards, guidelines and templates for data and analytics, and works on continuous improvement of reporting and analytics
- Ensures compliance with established internal and external needs and regulations
- Ensures that information needs are supported by the new changes generated by transactional tools, and verifies that Master Data Management issues, including the dimensions and structure of data marts are compatible with these needs
- Contributes to the definition of the overall testing strategy for the Information Systems; executes testing of data, reporting and analytical reports (functional and/or UAT)
- Includes Provide an external benchmarking analysis to frame the ICRC's performance relative to that of peer organizations
- Advanced university degree preferably in business administration, finance or economics, along with 5-9 years of practical, hands-on professional experience in management, economic or financial analysis or consulting; specialized training in performance management systems and measurement approaches is an asset
- Thorough understanding of enterprise wide data and measures
- At ease in working with data, including data modelling, with an ability to tell the story behind the numbers
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and experience working with reporting and dashboarding tools; Tableau knowledge is desirable
- Proactive and results-oriented; solid organizational and prioritization skills
- Sense of initiative and critical thinking: ability to identify issues, make recommendations for improvement, achieve consensus and support implementation
- Ability to interact effectively with data users, managers and other stakeholders
- Ability to understand new business processes and their interplay with software and organizational structure
- Excellent command of English; French language an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Medjunarodni komitet Crvenog krsta
- Srbija, Beograd, Vladimira Popovica 38
- PIB: 102474882
- Matični broj: 17744968