Business Intelligence (BI) Consultant - Belgrade
Department: Customer Services
The BI Consultant is a software engineer whose role consists in developing the reporting features required in any FrontInvest customer application. This development activity is in the Business Intelligence field of expertise. FrontInvest (market leader product in the domain of private equity management) comprises a powerful toolset for report development, based on SAS market standard. This toolset evolves rapidly, and the BI Consultants are expected to learn and adapt quickly to this evolution, as required by company’s rapid growth.
Reporting is an essential and highly valuable part of any FrontInvest application (such reports are used for instance by Private Equity Funds to communicate their monthly / quarterly performance to investors). BI Consultants play a key role in delivering value to our customers, and it is mandatory that they deliver high quality pieces of software, understanding the impact of their work on company’s image and business position.
Your day would include:
- Receive and analyse specifications provided by BI Consultants (top level of BI expertise)
- Develop reports from these specifications. This operation comprises two steps:
- Extract data from the application data base, using company’s toolset as well as SQL, Stored Procedures
- Format report in the requested layout and file format (Excel, Word or PDF), using company’s reporting toolset, and/or Excel formatting features and/or other reporting tools of the market
- Test their developments (unit testing, integration testing, performance testing)
- Package and deliver
- Pay special attention to the various cases that may occur when their development is used in production, due to the amount and variety of data that may be encountered and to the importance of reports accuracy in any case
You will work closely with:
- BI Consultants report hierarchically to a local manager, and they may report to a non-local project manager for their due deliveries. They work closely with mainly: other BI developers and team leaders, Consultants, Project Managers, Customer Support
- This is not a client facing role. BI Consultants will interface with other staff
If you see yourself doing these activities then you probably have:
- University or Engineering school diploma corresponding to Master degree (4 years of university) in a software engineering field of knowledge, including significant software development practice
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development, data mining, reporting…
- Standard up to date skills in data extraction, computation and transformation, using SQL and Stored Procedures
- Use of Excel formulas and VBA macros
- Full professional proficiency in written/spoken English
Additional skills appreciated:
- Understanding of SQL performance issues (indexes…)
- Experience in BI, Data Warehousing, reporting technologies highly appreciated: SAS, Oracle Hyperion, Business Objects, Cognos, Crystal Report, Microsoft SSRS…
- Financial / accounting reporting
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $7.43 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock |
Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Deadline for applications: 14.03.2020.