The Interreg – IPA CBC Programme between Hungary and Serbia promotes cross-border cooperation and territorial development. The priorities of the Programme include the improvement of key conditions of joint sustainable development, as well as the strengthening of social and economic cohesion in the Programme area.
The Joint Secretariat (JS) is responsible for the day-to-day programme management; supplies potential applicants with information, provides advice during the application process and accompanies the Final Beneficiaries until their projects are finished. It works in close co-operation with the Managing Authority while being independent from the national administrative structures. The JS assists the Joint Monitoring Committee, the Managing Authority, the Certifying Authority and the Audit Authority in carrying out their respective duties. The tasks of the JS include activities related to general programme co-ordination and implementation, technical and administrative management, information and publicity, project development and selection.
The Joint Secretariat of the Interreg – IPA CBC HU-SRB Programme is searching for an
The Joint Secretariat of the Interreg – IPA CBC HU-SRB Programme is searching for a full-time Communication Manager (CM) for a fixed term, not less than 1,5 year. The CM will be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the information and communication plan of the Programme (with the involvement of external service providers). S/he also has to provide advice on visibility and communication related requirements to project partners.
Programme Implementation and Promotion
- Elaborate the communication strategy of the Programme in line with the EU requirements and safeguard its implementation by means of:
- setting up the Programme visual and corporate identity and coordinating its implementation;
- organizing promotional campaigns in accordance to the target audience and Programme implementation cycle;
- co-ordinating the design, setting up, content-writing and updating the Programme website;
- organizing and contributing to project seminars and conferences as appropriate;
- drafting the documents for public call for tenders for external service providers -defining the scope, goal and requirements of the tender;
- drafting the content and coordinating the design of promotional materials;
- organisation of events (conferences, workshops, seminars, meetings etc.) with the support of external service providers, as applicable;
- maintaining relations with selected service providers (day-to-day co-operation with regard to the progress of contracted tasks);
- devising, planning and executing media, social media and promotional campaigns;
- coordinating the copy-writing, printing and distribution of leaflets, brochures and other publications;
- preparing statistics and monitoring figures at Programme level for the Joint Monitoring and Steering Committee meetings, including the European Commission, and to assist the implementation of these meetings;
- assisting and contributing to the drafting of the quarterly reports to the Managing Authority and the annual progress reports to the EC;
- Participation in the development of implementation and publicity guidelines and associated presentations and materials;
- contributing to the development of procedures and manuals for implementation of the information and publicity measures at the project level;
- providing assistance to individual applicants in the development of their project, with special regard to project visibility requirements;
- Providing guidance to projects on fulfilling visibility requirements;
- advising Lead Beneficiaries (LB) and other programme actors on opportunities and obligations for information and publicity; drafting and sending newsletters about the Programme implementation’s news;
- Participating in and holding presentations at project development events;
- Coordinating and participating in the project selection and evaluation procedure;
- devising and coordinating the creation of the Communication Strategy for the Programme 2014-2020.
- Relevant university degree (preferably in communication, possibly MA in English language and literature, MA in international relations or European studies, journalism or related field);
- At least 4 years of experience in information and communication activities (preferably in the context of Structural Funds, EU programme/or international project management);
- Fluent in spoken and written English, as well as in Hungarian and/or Serbian;
- Knowledge of the up-to-date trends in ICT for communication purposes;
- Demonstrated professional use of social media tools and platforms, knowledge of trends in development of web and mobile applications to reach the wider audience and general public;
- Experiences in organizing information and publicity events including conferences and fairs;
- Demonstrated experience in editing publications including the coordination of the entire editing and publishing process of publications;
- Willingness to travel;
- Excellent managerial and negotiation skills and organising ability;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills; capacity to convey information in an informative, accurate and appealing way.
- Ability to take personal responsibility for delivery of high quality results to tight deadlines.
- Good team player with capacity to work in a multicultural environment;
- Good understanding and knowledge of the programme area.
- 3-5 years professional experience.
Required language level:
Any of these are:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation;
- Serbian - higher advanced/fit for negotiation;
- Hungarian - higher advanced/fit for negotiation.
Interested applicants have to submit:
- a curriculum vitae (CV) with or without photo;
- a motivation letter in English;
- proof of education (scanned version in English or original language with accompanying translation in English);
- proof of knowledge of languages (if available).
These documents will form the basis of the initial stage of selection. Potential candidates will be asked to attend an interview (in English). The final decision on the selection will be taken by the Head of JS in consultation with the Managing Authority as well as with the National Authority of Serbia.
The application should be submitted electronically.
Only those applications which have been received by the closing date to this vacancy announcement will be eligible for consideration.
Terms of employment
The selected candidates will be employed on a permanent contract basis for 1,5 years (considering the possibility of extension) with a trial period of 3 months. The contract will be based on Hungarian labour law, therefore in case the successful applicant is of a non-EU nationality, he/she will have to obtain a work permit and a residence permit in order to hold the position.
A competitive salary calculated in accordance to qualifications and work experience.
The Joint Secretariat is located in Budapest, Hungary.
For further information on the Interreg-IPA Cross-border Cooperation Programme Hungary – Serbia please visit the Programme’s website.