Under overall supervision of the Regional Representative (RR) for Western Balkans, the Communications and Advocacy Officer (CAO) is responsible for ensuring high-quality communication and visibility activities and has to stay informed of relevant project updates and materials. The position is based in Belgrade with expected travel in the Western Balkan region.
Reporting Relations & Interdependencies with Other Functions
The CAO reports to Regional Representative (RR) for Western Balkans and work in and in close collaboration with the Project and Program managers (PM) in all Western Balkans countries. The CAO cooperates closely with the Communication & Advocacy Dept at the PIN Headquarter (HQ) in Prague, CZ.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Regional Comms Support
- Develop, implement and update PIN Western Balkans’ Comms Strategy Framework in close collaboration with RR and HQ Communication and Advocacy Department
- Regularly review and draft project visibility and communication plans in close collaboration with program managers and project staff
- Create and updating information materials (brochures, leaflets, annual reports, etc.) about PIN’s work in collaboration with project teams and ensuring they are in line with PIN’s brand.
- Organize promotional, communications and other key events for PIN and secure the presence of the media. This may include acting as moderator.
- Identifying innovations and best practices and provide regular training and advice to PIN staff in regards to visibility and communication (e.g. good/bad practices in visibility and communication, speaking to the media, case study information gathering, etc.)
- ·Build capacities of PIN staff as well as partners staff on basic communication needs such as capturing information/case studies
- Lead the production of case studies, press releases, blog pieces, articles and other communications material about PIN’s overall activities, projects and beneficiaries directly in the field or in close cooperation with PIN teams.
- Create short videos, photos, manage the photo archive of PIN projects using editing or graphic software and assist in the production of videos and photos prepared by external contractors
- Share collected materials with RR, PMs, HQ Communication & Advocacy Department on a regular basis
- Network with journalists and actively pitch stories to national or local news outlets and journalists, providing information about the activities and coordinating between the media and project staff, and accompanying journalists (national and international) on field visits
- Maintain a journalist contact list
- Managing PIN’s social media platforms in the countries of intervention, particularly Facebook, by creating and sharing engaging content regularly
- Creation of advocacy, campaigning and awareness materials of PIN in the Western Balkans and PIN HQ.
- Create and implement the country program's Advocacy Strategy in close cooperation with Communication & Advocacy Department and the Regional Offices Management
- Creating ad hoc advocacy strategies to address issues tackled by PIN Western Balkans activities (with HQ and project staff)
- Formulate advocacy messages PIN will communicate
- Liaison with partners to develop and implement communication and advocacy strategies
- Attend and actively contribute to relevant advocacy working groups and events
In collaboration with project teams, provide inputs for communications and visibility sections of grant proposals, ensuring appropriate budgets are allocated for each activity.
Create PIN visibility materials such as t-shirts, banners and publications while ensuring they comply with donor requirements in collaboration with project staff and logistics dept
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Political Sciences, Communications, journalism and any related course
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar position ideally with an NGO
- Demonstrates excellent ability to write, take photos and communicate orally with accuracy and professionalism
- Growing experience in public relations, communications and advocacy tools
- Good understanding of power relations/power mapping
- Ability to create and implement a communications and advocacy strategy
- Ability to instruct colleagues working in the field regarding communication tasks
- Knowledge of editing or basics of graphic design is advantage and/or ability to outsource graphic designers or video-graphers
- Knowledge of social media advertising is required
- Proficiency in English, Serbian required and in any other regional languages preferred
- Willing and able to travel within the Western Balkans and to cover emergency situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team and manage complex and sensitive organizational relationships.
General employee´s obligations and responsibilities
- The Employer stipulates the right to assign the Employee any other kind of work derived from his specialization. In case of urgent work and such like the Employee may be asked to work overtime as well as during public and other holidays.
- Adhering to all PIN policies and procedures at all times including those stipulated in National Staff Handbook, Child Protection Policy, Security Standard Operating procedures, etc.
- Punctual attendance to work including both working hours in the assigned office and schedule field trips if applicable
- Ensuring timely and effective delivery of tasks
- Correctness and completeness of given tasks
- The Employee takes over the responsibility for all entrusted material or cash. The Employee is obligated to cover all damages or losses caused by his carelessness. The Agreement of Liability of Assets has been signed separately.
- Prompt providing of all relevant information to their supervisor
- Maintain confidentiality of all information gained from employment within not publicly available
- Archiving of all entrusted and acquired documents in proper manner
- Representing and upholding the values of People in Need at all times
- Behave in appropriate manners at all times and in all places
People in Need / Čovek u nevolji
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization based in Prague, Czech Republic. PIN was formally established in 1992 and has since provided democracy, relief, rehabilitation and other forms of assistance to over 40 countries and regions around the world. People in Need started working in former Yugoslavia in the early 1990s to deliver humanitarian aid and has remained in the region since to support the region’s social and economic reconstruction and development.…Više o poslodavcu