BlackRock Finance consists of Finance professionals in disciplines such as Tax, Business Finance, Treasury, Regulatory Reporting, Accounting Operations and Corporate Accounting. The Global Compensation Accounting team forms part of the Finance Controllers team and consists of five hubs based in Princeton, NYC, Edinburgh, Belgrade and Tokyo. The team is responsible for recording all expense related to compensation and benefits in the financial records of BlackRock, comprising around 50% of BlackRock’s cost base.
This is an Associate position based in Belgrade. The Compensation Accounting Associate will be responsible for supporting the team across all areas of compensation accounting.
The individual will also have regular interactions with other Finance teams globally, as well as various other internal stakeholders such as HR Payroll, Legal Entity Controllers, FP&A and external auditors.
This role presents a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join a high quality, high performing team, gaining valuable experience of working in Finance within a large multinational firm.
- Ensure compensation expense is recorded properly in accordance with GAAP
- Responsible for preparing balance sheet reconciliations and subsequent certification of the balance sheet
- Prepare and present commentary to stakeholders on the P&L and balance sheet movements each month
- Work on special projects including updates of operational policies and procedures
- Ensure strong controls and procedures are in place in relation to the general ledger
- Liaise and build strong working relationships with Payroll, Human Resources and other parts of Finance including legal entity controllers and tax
- Liaise with and answer queries from auditors
- Other ad hoc duties and monthly tasks as assigned
- Opportunity to make a difference and have a high impact on key stakeholders within BlackRock Finance
- Collaboration with internal partners located across the globe within a multinational organization
- This is a key role in a team which is core to the entire Finance process and allows interaction with colleagues and teams around the globe
- This role will give the individual an excellent opportunity to develop their time management skills by working to tight timelines and deliver output for a myriad of stakeholders
- The candidate will be provided the responsibility of owning specific areas thus allowing them the opportunity to understand entire processes and procedures
- This role can provide a strong foundation for further career progression within BlackRock
- CA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- At least a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an accounting related role
- Prior experience within financial services or a large listed company preferable
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to challenge the status quo in a rapidly changing environment
- High attention to detail, ability to focus and take ownership of tasks until completion
- Strong task management and organizational skills
- Prior experience liaising with other groups and teams including external auditors
- Strong excel and data manipulation skills
- Self-starter, highly numerate, quick learner, team player, with an ability to adjust to change and the desire to take on responsibility is required
- Well-organized, methodical and detail orientated with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to synthesize information and summarize key issues
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently in both verbal and written form, with all levels of the business
- Initiative and confidence to identify potential process improvement opportunities and helping deliver benefit to the business
- Ability to partner with external vendors and internal stakeholders to achieve tight monthly deadline
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.
In 2019, BlackRock acquired eFront, which is now operating as a specialized business unit within BlackRock Solutions, alongside Aladdin Institutional and Aladdin Wealth. At BlackRock, we’re guided by our culture and a set of principles that ensure we never forget what we stand for – to help more and more people invest in their financial well-being. We are proud of our long history of innovation, driving continuous change to help investors achieve their goals.
""I’ve joined eFront/Blackrock in March 2017 and since then it has been a big adventure. My first role at eFront was in the Talent acquisition team, where I was involved in finding the best talent for ... " Pročitajte celo iskustvo
- FAMILY & PARENTHOOD
- WORK FROM HOME
- EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE
- ADDITIONAL DAYS OFF
- TRAININGS, COURSES, CONFERENCES
- HEALTH AND WELLBEING
- SPORT AND FITNESS