Projects are essential, but not paramount. Interesting projects lead to amazing people & relationships, and that is what matters most, the people not the projects. Eventually ideas come out from the people, not the other way around.
At The Human Touch Robotics (thtRobotics) we are looking to work with amazing people (progress comes naturally with efforts from a strong team). Our ideal candidate doesn’t think outside of the box, they shatter the box! If you are natural problem solver, passionate about solving the most challenging and demanding problems in robotics and computer vision, we want to hear from you!
A bit about our adventure:
The Human Touch Robotics (thtRobotics) is an innovative start-up that enables food tech companies and online groceries to automate and scale via robotics. We provide a full robotic cell (picker) for automating food packing processes serving emerging food tech companies. Our core innovation is adaptive robotic hand i.e. robotic gripper that enables robots to adaptively grip and manipulate with wide variety of objects (specially soft objects like fruit and vegetables). With our tech robots can grip even the softest items such as raspberries, please have a look at our demo: https://youtu.be/OQKKLbFxMLI. This enables us to apply robots in the most challenging applications and areas, never thought possible. Our vision is to employ robots and free humanity. We believe that when robots work smarter, people live better. If this sounds like an exciting journey and appealing vision, we want you onboard!
We are currently search for a Computer Vision Engineer / Machine Learning Engineer to grow our team and work on further development of computer vision software for our robotic cell.
Our ethos is very simple:
- invent cool technology for the benefit of our partners and others,
- work with great people,
- have fun,
- build a different kind of future,
- be contrarian,
- be honest no matter how things are bad,
- do it your way,
- the rest will follow.
Why we need you
As our Computer Vision Engineer / Machine Learning Engineer and an early member of thtRobotics small team, you will own a significant portion of our Computer Vision (CV) system and have large influence on how we further develop and shape our overall products. You’re responsible for:
- developing our Computer Vision product road map,
- build full stack Computer Vision software pipeline from beginning to end production,
- research and explore the most optimal Machine Learning and Computer Vision algorithms for our applications,
- decide about the Computer Vision framework and most optimal direction to follow,
- collect and prepare data sets,
- develop ML / CV models,
- object detection, recognition, segmentation, and tracking,
- implement the models into production end environment,
- testing and verification of the overall CV system functionality in end applications,
- collaborate with other robotics engineers and have general knowledge or understanding about how collaborative robots operate,
- work with advanced AI embedded systems and AI computers,
- be yourself and teach us how things are done and what is the right development direction,
- be conformable working in cross discipline areas of CV and robotics,
- further grow our team and eventually lead our CV division.
Your background (not necessarily to have all)
You do need to have a solid background in Machine Learning with application to Computer Vision (in robotics projects) and you need to have the ability to find innovative ways of problem solving. Following are requirements/advantages:
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant sector/company/project experience (Computer Vision, Machine Learning),
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in computer science, robotics, electrical engineering, mathematics/statistics, other relevant technical university, or people who switch fields, enthusiasts with way to demonstrate knowledge and experience in the mentioned domains or that you are up to the task and challenge,
- Strong programming skills with experience in at least one of the following languages: Python, C++,
- Familiar with some of the common Computer Vision and Machine Learning frameworks and libraries (e.g. OpenCV, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, Scikit-learn…),
- Understanding of Machine Learning concepts from both theoretical and practical perspective,
- Follow the latest developments and trends in ML/CV field and knows how to implement and put these into production,
- Creativity in problem solving, not thinking out-of-the-box but rather eliminate a box, and capable of proposing novel solutions,
- Would be great to have some experience or understanding of application of ML/CV in robotics projects context,
- Bonus. Experience with Linux architecture, CUDA, OpenCL, GPU.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English).
We at thtRobotics believe in creating an environment where each team member can thrive in pursuit of their own goals and passions, and especially at this early stage, each new team member is directly contributing to creating the unique DNA of our company! With that in mind, a metaphor that resonates most strongly with thtRobotics is perhaps: “our work is like a campfire – You need to take special care of it while it is small, so that it may take care of you when it grows large”. We believe in taking the extra mile, living, and breathing the brand, product and project each day and eventually being able to look back at what has been achieved with pride in yourself and the team. Your opportunities below:
- have great opportunity to learn, develop and grow both as a professional and person (to be a hero of your own story),
- as we grow, we will expect you take more responsibility and build your branch of governance within your field,
- work on exciting new technologies and develop new solutions for most challenging robotic problems,
- work in an environment with amazing people (remember projects lead you to people, and that’s what important),
- pave your own way forward and contribute to the unique DNA of the company,
- startup environment, highly unstructured bottoms up approach,
- as hardware is involved there is a requirement to travell sometimes for physical on-site tests and development. We want to build a nice little utopia where it is exciting and fun to work, teammates interact, and new ideas are born just out of causal talks,
- to be yourself and everything you bring with you because there is no one like you.
What should you do to apply?
Send us your resume and apply.
If you find all this exciting, feel free to apply, we like to meet interesting smart people.
The Human Touch Robotics
- Finska, Inostranstvo, Tervahaudantie 4D 8