Databox, a fast-growing software company, is looking for a Content Marketing Specialist to join our marketing team in order to help optimize the content on our website, strategize and execute our link building strategy, and ultimately help support the company’s traffic and signup goals.
Our mission is to help millions of companies improve their business performance through better use of data. Our product lets companies visualize, benchmark, track and report performance data from hundreds of other tools.
The Marketing Team
Our marketing team has built a solid marketing engine that generates >200k [mostly organic] sessions every month and ~5k signups to our product. Over the last several years, our website has become the main driver of our company’s revenue growth.
We’ve published thousands of blog posts during that time–many of which are ranking and driving significant organic traffic– as well as dozens (and counting) of website pages targeting high-intent keywords and have continued to invest in creating and optimizing content as an acquisition channel.
Due to the extensive number of blog posts we’ve published over the years, a great opportunity exists to get even more out of this existing content by updating old posts, working with partners and developing relationships to build relevant backlinks, as well as adding relevant internal links in order to build a powerful web of links across the website.
As the marketing team continues to grow, we need someone to help own the execution of this work to continually optimize and get more from the high volume of content we publish.
Databox is looking for a content marketing specialist to join the marketing team to help us execute our SEO strategy through various on-page and off-page optimization tasks like identifying and updating old articles to improve their search ranking, consolidating content, generating valuable backlinks, and more.
The ideal candidate is someone who has excellent English writing and communication skills, has previous SEO experience, has experience executing a link-building campaign, and has spent a lot of time writing, i.e. blog posts, email, ebooks, etc.
This is a role where you’ll be responsible for optimizing website content in multiple ways, from finding possibilities to gain useful inbound links from high-authority domains, to updating old content to help it rank higher in the SERPs, ultimately helping us hit our growth goals around traffic and domain authority.
- Link building. Identify partnerships and websites to create, distribute, and promote our content with the end goal of generating valuable backlinks.
- Cold email/social media prospecting. Work with existing partners to identify campaign opportunities through backlinks, guest posts, and more. Reach out to niche relevant companies to establish long-term relationships and develop collaboration opportunities.
- Write email copy. Prepare highly engaging and personalized emails for backlink prospecting and create appropriate follow-up email templates. Keep track of ongoing efforts and modify to get the best results.
Write guest posts. Writing and editing strategic, clear, creative, and SEO-driven copy that will be distributed to our network of partners as guest posts.
- Update and optimize website content. Collaborate with our Content Manager to refresh, rewrite, and optimize existing content for search. Help us build an SEO-friendly blog structure with internal links.
- You have excellent English writing, speaking, and communication skills.
- You have excellent writing and editing skills and are able to create personalized and engaging short-form or long-form copy.
- At least 3+ years of experience in a relevant content marketing role - content writing or link building. Bonus points if you have worked in an SEO agency or have experience within the SaaS industry or/and with SaaS clients.
- You are tech-savvy and know your way around the internet. You also feel comfortable using SEO tools like Ahrefs, Semrush, Google Search Console, and Google Analytics.
- You are proficient in using CMS like WordPress and collaboration tools like Google Sheets and Google Docs.
- You understand the basics of both on-page SEO and off-page SEO, i.e. the principles of ranking in organic search, internal and external optimization, and choosing proper keywords for promotion.
- You are a highly motivated team player with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the company.
We encourage our employees to challenge themselves, learn from each other, grow in their roles, and balance their work with life. We offer competitive compensation, an opportunity for personal and professional development, and a positive team atmosphere.
Databox is a remote-friendly company with over 100 team members working across the globe. Also, we offer access to co-working spaces in Ptuj, Slovenia. However, since our team and customer base is distributed globally across several countries with concentrations of team members in Slovenia (Ptuj and Ljubljana), the U.S., (Boston, MA), and Serbia (Novi Sad and Belgrade), this is an opportunity to work in a company with a flexible schedule and location. If you think we might be a match, send us your CV and a short explanation of why you think you are the right person for this position.
- Sjedinjene Američke Države, Boston, 6 Liberty Square