BMTS Technology is a globally active manufacturer of exhaust turbochargers. We're an established partner to the automotive industry and develop and produce exhaust turbochargers for cars, light commercial vehicles and off-highway applications. Our name stands for highest quality standards, efficiency and longevity and is associated with our constant striving towards improving the efficiency of our products while making them more environmentally friendly at the same time.
As your future employer, we offer you opportunities and individual professional development. At BMTS you work on exciting, challenging and international projects and benefit from a flexible working time model, sufficient freetime for personal development and a pleasant working atmosphere.
Cost Engineer Product Cost Optimization
- Responsibility for the evaluation and identification for product cost optimization (PCO) for projects in mass production and development phase
- Organizing workshops with suppliers, production plants and R&D
- Interface for relevant departments (product development, R&D, Sales and plants) for identified PCO measures
- Support for realizing identified measures until start of production (SOP)
- Support for analysis of new production technologies and procurement markets
- Preparation for Cost-Break-Down meetings with suppliers
- Support for Make-or-Buy decisions
- Completed apprenticeship or study (Bachelor/Master degree) with technical background; alternatively commercial focus
- Min. 5 years’ work experience at automotive industry and/or industrial engineering; automotive advantageous
- Professional experience in technical purchasing or in manufacturing technology
- Technical understanding
- Strong communication skills and negotiating skills in English (German advantageous)
- Focus on get results, hands-on mentality
Deadline for applications: 01.03.2020.