Data Analyst / Engineer Needed!
Catalyst designs and manufactures products such as Apple phone cases, AirPods, and watches, helping people and organizations protect their personal devices, company assets and health. Their expertise in product design and engineering enabled them to create solutions to global problems with profound potential and provide complete protection for devices. They introduced many innovative products to the market and managed to maintain the market leadership position. In the future, Catalyst aims to expand to new markets and provide even more products for their consumers!
The team is located all over the world, so independence and self-motivation are important values for the company. The working environment is flexible, and the end results are more important than the time spent. If you’re a self-starter looking for a company that encourages continuous improvement, this may be the perfect place for you!
Right now, Catalyst is looking for a Data Analyst / Engineer to join their team. You will need to synthesize and transform raw data into meaningful insights and be prepared to present and explain the results. This is a key role that will help the company with future growth, so you need to be an experienced self-starter that can thrive with minimal training, with the ability to be proactive and make suggestions on how to improve the processes and reports.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Evaluate existing data-collecting and analytic methods
- Transform raw data into meaningful insights
- Analyze datasets and build dashboards
- Build scenario analyses & data models
- Translate business needs into technical specifications
- Implement accurate and secure methods to extract data
- Automate data extraction from external platforms such as Amazon Seller Central and Shopify
- Develop data visualization techniques to present information
- Perform DAX queries and functions in Power BI
- Establish procedures for data sharing with internal and external stakeholders
- Find ways to collect, connect and automate information from various providers
- Find, explore or develop tools to automate and simplify repetitive processes, reduce errors and generate logical next steps
- Research and communicate with third parties and read through the documentation to understand how to do integrations
- Test connections and evaluate processes developed to simplify workflows and reduce errors
- Communicate with business users to understand needs and gain an understanding of core issues and develop solutions
- Support ERP and 3PL testing and implementations
This is a full-time position. You will report to the Operation Director, and will also interact with staff in Marketing, Warehouse, Sales Operations, and Accounting. Most of the team members are based in Asia, but you’ll also need to communicate with some people based in Canada and USA, so having flexibility with working hours is an advantage.
To excel in this role, you need:
- 3-5 years of experience using PowerBI for data modelling
- Experience writing Power Query, DAX, MDX for complex data projects
- Hands-on experience in using PowerBI to create dashboards, visualizations, and reports
- Experience analysing data and generating insights
- Knowledge of API integrations (Shopify, Google, Amazon, Xero)
You should be familiar with / willing to take initiative and learn more about:
- PowerBI (DAX)
- API integrations (Shopify, Amazon, Google, Xero)
- Python is preferred, but other languages can be considered instead
- XML and various EDI protocols
Bonus points for:
- Experience in setting up connections/implementations between ERP & API interfaces (REST and GraphQL) to fetch data from online platforms such as Amazon, Shopify, Google, Xero
- Experience in integration/automation to ERPs/supply chain management software to third-party software via API (Python, Celery, PostgresSQL), ORMs like SQLAlchemy or Django, SQL and connecting to database sources (Postgres preferred)
- Experience in PowerBI web app and connecting to database sources
- Prior experience in setting up API connections to fetch data from online platforms such as Amazon, Shopify or other platforms with API interface
- Experience with VBA/excel-like macro logic which will be used to map/test channel level transformation rules to convert EDI connections (JSON/REST API) to 3PL Warehouse Management Software (X12, VAN, AS2, FTP, etc)
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, Airtable)
- Familiarity with ERP (such as Fulfil.io which is API based), since the company is in the process of ERP selection and implementation. ERP implementation will include project managing EDI automation projects, involving back-end integrations with the 3PL's systems as well as customers' ERP systems, either directly or working with EDI providers such as SPS Commerce or Native EDI in compliance with customer EDI requirements and with the ultimate objective of driving workflow efficiency and automation.
The company is looking for someone self-motivated, independent, and self-sufficient, who is capable to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion. You need the ability to write detailed design documents and communicate the vision, with a willingness to always learn more.
If you are someone who’s ready to constantly find improvements with minimal supervision, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
These are the benefits:
- $2500 - $3000* per month
- Full-time & fully remote
- Paid leave of 10 days per year
*Please note that this is a gross salary and that you are responsible for any tax-related procedures in your country of residence. We kindly ask you to apply only if you are happy to work remotely as an independent contractor.
This position will be closed as soon as we find the perfect match. So, make sure to read the description carefully and take your time to submit a high-quality application that stands out.
If you apply, JobRack will respond promptly and keep you updated throughout the process.
Please expect the hiring process to include:
- Filling in the application form once you click “Apply”
- Being invited to record a short video to introduce yourself
- Completing test tasks, if short-listed
- Attending video interviews where you will have the opportunity to talk more about your previous experience and the new role
Got questions about working remotely? Check out JobRack’s FAQ for answers to everything you might want to know. https://jobrack.eu/jobseeker-faq
JobRack exists to help Eastern European remote workers get great remote jobs with businesses all over the world.Više o poslodavcu