IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is seeking qualified candidates for a MEL/CLA Director for the anticipated USAID/Serbia-funded SME Development Activity. IESC is a U.S. based nonprofit with a focus on supporting small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) through access to finance and access to domestic, regional, and export markets to generate equitable and sustainable economic growth globally. Since 1964, we have designed and implemented a wide range of market driven solutions for rural SMEs along entire agricultural value chains on over 25,500 projects in more than 130 countries worldwide.
The purpose of USAID’s SME Development Activity is to help SMEs become better integrated into higher value-added value chains and developed markets. The request for information program description divides the program into three objectives: 1) improved productivity and profitability of SMEs through enhanced management and modernization, 2) expanded SME exports through improved market alignment and adaptations, and 3) increased SMEs utilization of financing instruments. The position is contingent upon IESC winning the award. Candidates should be available to join the project by January 2022.
Local applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We will consider applications on rolling basis and encourage early submissions.
- Provides leadership and technical direction for SME capacity building.
- Works with public and private chambers, associations/clusters, and companies to pilot different ideas/business models with current and new entrants.
- Works with business associations to provide up-to-date information on marketplace offerings and how to keep informed as well as knowledgeable of the environment.
- Responsible for effective design and management oversight of technical services aligned with specific results related to improved SME market access, growth strategy, productivity, and governance.
- Serves as part of project senior management team with close engagement with donor-client (USAID), and adhering to contractual requirements and promised quality deliverables, including reaching promised targets.
- Acting COP, as needed.
- At least a master’s in business administration (MBA) or other relevant master’s degree, professional working experience in business development, management, and business, administration, finance.
- Business and organizational development consulting with a minimum of 12 years of experience, including at least 5 years of high-level project management experience preferred.
- Prior experience working with donor clients required, experienced with USAID preferred.
- Excellent writing and spoken English skills.
- Sjedinjene Američke Države, Norcross, 4315 Global Court