The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
The Belgrade Regional Delegation covers eight countries. Apart from the support to the respective National Societies, main operational response relates to the Missing File, Migration and to a lesser extent Detention. It also acts as a regional hub for Eurasia, hosting number of regional positions that support the entire region.
The Belgrade Regional Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Deputy Head of Delegation
Purpose of the position
Based in Belgrade, the Deputy Head of Delegation supports and assists the Head of Regional Delegation (HoRD) in managing the structure and implementing ICRC objectives and its operations in accordance with the strategies, objectives, programs and actions plans defined by the regional delegation. S/he helps analyze the political, security, socio-economic and humanitarian situation and defines, in coordination with the HoRD, the operational responses and security measures to be implemented. S/he helps to maintain and develop the network of interlocutors relevant to ICRC's activities and contributes to the definition and orientation of the ICRC’s action in Western Balkans.
Support to Head of Regional Delegation
- Together with the head of delegation leads in the reflection on and defining of the overall strategy of the delegation, its implementation and general operational priorities and policies
- Provides analysis on political, security, socio-economic and cultural environment in the 8 countries covered by the delegation and keeps HoRD and delegation informed on main developments in the region, analyzed in the light of its possible impact on ICRC
- Represents the ICRC in front of high level interlocutors.
- Provides political and delegation strategy briefings for visitors and new staff.
- Together with the head of delegation, develops, maintains and enhances security procedures.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes Line Manager responsibilities for the Managers in charge of Finance & Administration, Human Resource, and maintains a strong functional link with different "métiers" referents in Geneva.
- Oversites the team of regional/transregional delegates and interacts with their blue lines in the HQs for all necessary procedures.
- Ensures a strong integration of the support teams, to reach an increased synergy across departments, creates a culture of multi-disciplinary approach and solutions, increases motivation levels, improves our work processes and the quality of our outputs.
- Actively participates and advises the Head of Regional Delegation in the analysis of national and regional political, humanitarian and security environment.
- Contributes to the identification of the humanitarian needs and the elaboration of the mission’s overall strategies and operational priorities, within the overall strategic framework of the Belgrade Regional Delegation.
- Supports the management on the financial and material resources of the delegation in alignment with the ICRC’s Financial procedures and policies.
- Replaces HoRD in case of absence with equivalent decisional power and responsibility.
Selection Requirements and Profile
- University degree (Master or equivalent).
- Fluent in English and one other ICRC working language French an asset.
- Typically, 12–15 years' professional experience overall, ideally including at least 6 years with the ICRC.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and exposure to a wide range of humanitarian assistance and experience in coordinating action with partners (Movement or others).
- Confirmed experience in leading and managing small to mid-size multidisciplinary and multicultural teams in complex environments.
- Very good knowledge of political, social and cultural assigned environment.
- Computer proficiency.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English. Applications are accepted from candidates with Serbian citizenship only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Medjunarodni komitet Crvenog krsta
- Srbija, Beograd, Vladimira Popovica 38
- PIB: 102474882
- Matični broj: 17744968