Introducing Arcadis Gen
Are you interested in joining a start up with bold global ambitions, that already has the backing of, a €3+ billion revenue, 27000+ person organisation operating in over 70 countries, that has deep market sector insights in collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services?
We are creating a new entity focused upon accelerating the investment and development of digital solutions which support the asset lifecycle and will position Arcadis as a digital front runner in the fields of digitized asset management, cities and mobility. Our focus is upon accelerating our ability to bring highly scalable digital propositions quickly and seamlessly to both existing and new Arcadis clients across the globe.
We have a clear vision that will enable us to rapidly scale our existing digital capabilities and innovate based on the identified underserved demand in the market, by creating industry leading products, platforms and solutions. Our strategy to become more digitally focused has already seen the acquisition of two digital asset management companies to build on our existing digital capabilities from the Arcadis technology division, all of which will form the foundations of this new digital entity.
The Opportunity – become the key interface between the customer and Arcadis Gen, providing a high-quality customer experience through the application of DevOp’s knowledge and practice
The primary focus of the role is to work closely with a rapidly growing Customer Support team providing DevOp’s expertise and knowledge to a range of products and services. The emphasis is on enhancing our service delivery by embedding a DevOp’s capability in our Customer Support team. This role will partner with DevOp’s colleagues working in our Support team but also across all our technical teams. The vision is to embed a DevOp’s capability into our support function to allow us to drive and enhance the level of value we deliver to customers through greater automation.
Core responsibilities include:
Continual service improvement: You can identify process optimisation opportunities with guidance and contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions.
Ownership and initiative: you can own an issue until a new owner has been found or the problem has been mitigated or resolved.
Problem management: you can initiate and monitor actions to investigate patterns and trends to resolve problems, including consulting specialists where required. You can determine the appropriate remedy and assist with implementation of it as well as preventative measures.
Customer & service focus: your priority is to ensure the customer experience is optimal and consistent; you act as their voice within the organisation advocating for their needs throughout the support process.
Technical focus: you can propose improvements to the existing architecture and help develop them in partnership with our delivery domains. You can pro-actively identify and make recommendations for architectural and process improvements.
You can suggest improvements to speed up build and deployment times. You can carry out configuration, installation and reconfiguration of environments and related products. You can optimize performance and forecast resource needs.
Technical understanding: you understand core technical concepts related to the role and can apply them.
The core responsibilities for the role are:
- Propose improvements to the existing architectures and work with a range of technical colleagues across Arcadis Gen to achieve this
- Proving support and guidance on Azure and AWS platforms, managing environments
- Acting as a point of contact collaborating effectively with a wide range of colleagues to improve service delivery to our customers
- Pro-actively identifying and making recommendations for architectural and process improvements
- Creation and maintenance of an automated build/release scripts and plans
- Creating and maintaining scripts to automate routine activities, such as configuration and system releases
- Actively participate in workshops, including sprint planning and retrospectives
- Site reliability and performance
- Suggest improvements to speed up build and deployment times
- Take part in the evolution of the infrastructure and development of the infrastructure code base working in partnership with other technical teams to do so
- Liaising with other DevOp’s teams
- Teach and impart knowledge with colleagues in the Support team
- Help develop and improve our cloud-based services and systems.
- Write small services to support as required
- Implement automation tools and frameworks
- Improved automation strategies including the creation and maintenance of an automated build/release scripts and plans.
- Improved deployments over a period of time demonstrated by an increased number of deployments and a reduction in failed deployments.
- Recommendations and actual improvements to processes and practice.
- Management of environments.
Key Relationships, Collaborations and Connection
This role will report into the Customer Support Transformation Lead and will be part of a Customer Support team spread across Serbia, Dubai and the UK. It will collaborate closely across the Arcadis Gen biosphere, most closely connecting with:
- Industry Solutions
- Customer Success
- Product teams
- Technology teams
- Arcadis core delivery teams.
What We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate will enjoy building customer centric relationships and most importantly has a passion for delivering an exceptional service for our customers. They will be self motivated, proactive and keen to learn new skills.
Beyond that we are looking for someone who possesses:
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle and where DevOps fits in to that
- Suitable experience as a DevOps Engineer or Analyst, or in a position with similar skill sets and responsibilities
- Configuration management tools such as [which?] or any other
- Strong background in Operating System Administration
- Familiarity with operating system packaging and processes
- Own the development, QA, staging and production environments and deployments
- CI/CD – Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket
- DevOps methodologies, cloud computing
- Automate the scaling process
- Building and managing production public-facing sites
- Experience of source code management tools such as Git and GitHub
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins – Automation
- Experience working with a variety of OS and infrastructures
- Understanding of virtualization technologies
- Experience working with global technical support teams
Who Are We?
At Gen we have a mantra which is to be Bold, Agile and to deliver Accelerated Growth, this focuses our efforts and defines the way in which we will deliver to the market.
Our spirit, makes us unique, binds us together and sits at the very essence of who we are and how we ‘show’ up.
Our fear of failure is mitigated by a thirst for positive disruption.
We demonstrate intellectual humility – we can admit we are wrong and may change our options often, when new information or insights come to hand.
We value talent, skill & knowledge but prize agility and adaptability above all else.
We are optimists believing that we can and we will always find a way…..mindset matters.
We are motivated and driven by:
An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be inventive and free from tight organizational constraints.
A desire to learn and grow, to push and challenge ourselves and to test the limits of our potential.
To attempt the extraordinary, motivated to achieve even in the face of set back or obstacle.
To collaborate, pursuing shared rather than individual goals, believing that we do our best work when we default to ‘open’ rather than ‘closed’.
Playing a role on the global stage, leading and influencing the future of our industry and sector and by deeply understanding the needs of our clients.
Leadership at Gen
Leadership at Gen is not based on principles of power and control but rather on encouraging self-determination, experimentation and creativity. Our leaders actively:
Encourage experimentation: The role of a leader is not to reduce risks or prevent failures, but to create an environment resilient enough to take these risks and handle the missteps.
Instill trust: Silos are the enemy of agility, to be truly agile requires foundations built on trust, discipline and single-minded focus, collaboration and transparency are essential to success.
Cultivate diversity of thought: Believe that different views, healthy debate and respectful conflict are good things, they are the catalysts for creativity & will fuel our innovation
Who is Arcadis
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights, and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are a multi-billion business that employees 27,000+ people globally. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.
Discover the next generation Bold, disruptive, experimental - the pioneers of what's possible. Changing how we think to create a better tomorrow. We are Arcadis Gen.Launching in spring 2020, Arcadis Gen is the new digital business from Arcadis, SEAMS and EAMS Group Our Story Arcadis Gen specialises in working with clients to enable them to achieve their strategic objectives, as they reach new heights in business performance, asset reliability and performance, efficiency and effectiveness…Više o poslodavcu