Gavro Freight International is a trucking carrier based in Canada, Toronto.
Long haul transportation of general commodities and freight. Provides service in Canada and USA.
We are currently outsourcing our dispatcher center into Serbia and looking for a well-organized professional to fill in the position DISPATCHER (m/f)
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Search for freight in Internet data base;
- Communicate with brokers and handling freight paperwork;
- Assign drivers to correct freight loads;
- Receives and responds to calls from drivers via telephone;
- Utilizes technology such as computers, telephones, fax machines and other communication equipment; · Creates and maintains automated or manual logs of trucks activity;
- Stay in touch with drivers on the road, communicating by phone or computer;
- Answer drivers' questions and solve problems;
- Keep the boards up to date;
- Arrange for necessary repairs in order to restore service and schedules;
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Knowledge of English language for spelling and proper word usage as well as communication.
- Knowledge of computer technology, Internet and equipment;
- Knowledge of geography, roads, and metric system of the Canada and USA
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Skill in multi-tasking- coordinating simultaneous mental, manual and visual activities;
- Skill in observing situations analytically and objectively and relaying details accurately;
- Skill in reading and interpreting maps to determine locations;
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely;
- Ability to think clearly and act quickly in emergencies;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Brokers and drivers;
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- High School Diploma
- Serbian Citizen
- No felony conviction or conviction of an offense that would be a felony if committed in Serbia
Dispatchers must work well under pressure and be able to respond to emergencies quickly and efficiently. Fifty-hour weeks are typical. However, in emergencies or when the workload is particularly heavy, dispatchers may be expected to put in extra hours. Working day starts at 13:00
If you are interested, please send your CV electronically.
Gavro Freight Internacional
- Srbija, Novi sad, Bulevar oslobodjenja