About the Role
We are looking for a responsible Freight Analyst to join our growing team. Our customers consist of mainly dry van and refrigerated tractor-trailers combinations. This position plays a significant role in carrying out the company’s vision. The candidate must possess strong communication and multitasking skills to assist in managing the daily workflow of the Dispatch department. This role will be accountable for coordinating loads with truck drivers, brokers and shippers, to ensure meeting your department goals. In this fast paced business your growth potential is virtually unlimited, your dedication and motivation will let you grow as much as you allow yourself to grow!
Key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Manage up to 15 assigned trucks (trucks are assigned to each Freight Analyst)
- Utilize our technology to book freight through load boards in the spot market.
- Intensive use of phone and emails
- Search for the best available loads in the market to meet the customers expectations
- Negotiate the best rate possible with brokers and shippers
- Complete broker/carrier agreements on behalf of clients
- Coordinate and dispatch truck loads in a timely manner
- Confirm schedule appointments with shipper and receiver
- Work closely with truck drivers and assist them as problems arise
- Assist drivers with locating destinations to make sure they arrive on time
- Monitor daily progress of drivers
- Maintain constant communication as to the status of load with all parties
- Assume additional duties and responsibilities as needed
- Give feedback to the developing team about the results of the SmartHop platform.
- Help train the SmartHop algorithm by analyzing the results and suggestions of the platform.
- We are a technology company not a carrier and ask that you open your mind to the new wave of dispatching!
What the candidate will need:
- Dispatch / Track & Trace ( Minimum 3 months experience required)
- High school education or equivalent (Required)
- Fluent in English is a MUST and Spanish is considered as a plus
- Customer service experience
- Relationship management experience
- Prompt follow through
- Logistics analysis
- Team player
If you have the following character traits then this role is for you:
- Resilience and ability to take initiative in our constantly changing work environment
- Everything is about teams: A team builder, team player and leader who builds trust, loyalty and inspires others. Collaborative attitude and desire to contribute outside primary areas of responsibility. Thrives in a cross-functional environment.
- Don't shy away from big interesting problems and approaches them in an innovative way
- Obsessed about customers
- Results-motivated with bias for action and excellence. Self-directed, rolls up the sleeves and engages in all activities with a sense of urgency. Reliable.
- Positive and open to candid feedback. Listens to and considers alternatives. Makes decisions.
At Smarthop we know our people are our number one asset, therefore we put a premium on hiring and retaining the best talent.
- Srbija, Beograd, Bulevar Arsenija Carnojevica 144
- PIB: 112297450
- Matični broj: 66008550