Present in all 5 continents, SUEZ is a world leader in the sustainable management of municipal and industrial resources. The 90 000 employees of SUEZ are engaged in the resource revolution around the world through 4 activities: Recycling & Recovery, Water Services, Water Treatment Infrastructures and Consulting.
SUEZ has incorporated SUEZ VINCA OPERATOR, a new subsidiary (100%-owned) headquartered in Serbia (Belgrade) to deliver the Operation & Maintenance component of a landmark Public-Private Partnership contract signed by a consortium of SUEZ, ITOCHU and the MARGUERITE FUND (incorporated as a company under the name of Beo Cista Energja) with the City of Belgrade for the management of the municipal solid waste of the Serbian capital (1.7m pop).
The PPP Contract was entered into in September 2017 and includes the design, build, finance and operate a Waste-to-Energy Facility (340,000 tons per annum), an engineered landfill (170,000 tpa) with leachate and biogas recovery, and a facility for the recovery of Construction and Demolition Waste (200,000 tpa). All facilities will be located in Vinca, approx. 15km from Belgrade. The Contract also includes the recultivation and long-term aftercare of the Vinca dumpsite, which currently receives the waste from Belgrade and will be closed following the entry into operation of the new landfill.
All facilities have entered construction phase in the last months of 2019, and will start operation in 2 phases:
- New landfills, leachate plant, CDW facility at the beginning of 2021
- Energy-from-Waste facility and biogas plant at the end of 2022.
SUEZ (through SUEZ VINCA OPERATOR - SVO) is the exclusive operator of all above mentioned facilities under a 25-year Operation & Maintenance contract with Beo Cista Energja. SVO is also entrusted with the supervision of the construction of all facilities, under a Project Management Contract with Beo Cista Energia.
SVO is currently searching for a candidate to reinforce our team on the position of:
EFW Site Engineer (energy from waste)
Fixed term contract (with duration until end of 2022.)
Purpose of the position: As EFW Site engineer you would be part of the Client Project Management team and follow up closely Progress and Quality of the EfW Works on site in collaboration with the Site Manager.
- Ensure the project is executed and delivered in accordance with the contract while striving to achieve the highest quality in the final delivery of the project to the Operation & Maintenance Team
- Follow up Site Deliveries and Site Progress and perform regular review against Programme
- Coordinate with EPC Contractor and Expert Supervisor Site Quality aspects (such as QA/QC & Certifications)
- Collect & Organize Site Documentation in anticipation of Mechanical & Electrical Completion
- Manage Project Snag List and follow up resolution of Snagging Items
- Follow up Commissioning until handover to O&M Team
- As a member of the PM Team, actively contributes to the Progress & Quality monitoring and reporting to various Project Stakeholders
- Organize and Follow Up identification and resolution of Site Remarks (via Inspection and/or spontaneously)
- Review various contractor’s documentation (Design, Method Statements, etc…)
- Develop and follow progress/performance indicator necessary to follow Works
- Produce and maintain Weekly Site Progress Reports including Progress Photographs database.
- Ensure that best industry practice and appropriate standards are used in construction.
- Assist at all levels of construction staff in contract delivery.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Master’s degree or Engineer’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in construction of Industrial Projects
- Fluent in English
- Fast learner
- Problem-solving attitude
- Open to expand their knowledge to new disciplines and take on broad/transversal scope
- Detailed, organized, methodical approach to daily work
- Good communication skills and able to work well with others (internal/external stakeholders) both formally and informally depending on the situation.
Contract start: immediately
Contract end: end 2022
Location: Vinca EfW Construction Site
Salary range: 1300 – 1700 EUR net
Suez Vinča Operator d.o.o.
Suez Vinča Operator d.o.o. is a part of SUEZ groupe SAS. With 90,000 people on the five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances, in line with regulatory standards.Više o poslodavcu